At American Licorice, we focus on creating happy consumer experiences through our brands and products. The Category Management Supervisor is a member of the Marketing Department, supporting the Consumer Data Architect, marketing team and sales team with business reviews, category and data insights into strategic opportunities/risks for profitable growth. This person will be the expert in areas such as post promotional analysis, opportunity gaps, industry trends and category assessments. This role is expected to be a curious, engaged and active participant of the business, consistently contributing fact-based information and insights that will benefit the business.
To be successful and effective, this role requires an understanding and consistent use of syndicated data sources (IRI/Nielsen), Point-of-sale data, Panel and Loyalty Card data (84.51).
Primary Job Functions:
- Embrace ALC’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Engagement and being a team player.
- Lead, Manage and Accountability for the Data Analyst and their goals and objectives
· Collaboration with other members of the team to support the needs of internal clients at American Licorice.
· Category management expert and advisor for leadership functions. Influences decision makers by analyzing and providing insights on business trends and category performance within the market and industry
· Proactively identify and lead category management initiatives that drive category growth while improving ROI, share and profit for ALC
- Collaborate with Sales Managers and brokers on top retailers with account specific analytics
- Bring in category management best practices from trainings, conferences, and “best in class” third parties
· Proactively identify and raise awareness of areas for growth for ALC and partners
· Responsible for management and training on IRI syndicated database and internal AI business tools
- Understand top customers strategic directions and ensure alignment with ALC strategies
· Engage with cross functional teams to manage bi-directional communication
· Perform other duties as necessary
- Responsible for Food Safety as related to the position
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of experience and education in Consumer Product Goods industry.
- Travel expectations 10-15%.
- High level of proficiency in MS Office and in generating and interpreting syndicated data.
- Experience with panel data (Nielsen/IRI) and/or shopper data (Extra Care, dunnhumby, etc.) preferred.
- Commitment to ALC’s core values: Integrity, Compassion, Engagement, and Team Player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills
- Detailed oriented and able to prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Persuasive and communicative, able to adapt to effectively communicate with different personalities
- Demonstrate a high level of independence and self-motivation; take initiative and show resourcefulness while working in a flexible team environment.
- Experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data (IRI/Nielsen, Retail link, etc.) and have used forecasting software.
- Comfortable with a variety of analytical platforms and quick to learn technologies and supporting analytical tools, techniques