About Guitar Center
Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging our teammates to find their own individual sound. We strive to craft lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the almost indescribable happiness that comes from playing an instrument. We believe in putting our customers first, engaging with respect and integrity and fulfilling our mission with passion.
Why join us?
With a career at Guitar Center, you become part of the world's largest multichannel musical instrument retailer. Whether at our Stores, Contact Centers, Distribution Centers, or Support Center, Guitar Center employees have a common goal: to help people find their sound and fill the world with more music.
Love this gig and want to apply?
Send your resume and cover letter today along with salary expectations!
Guitar Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides fair and equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected status prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws. All employment decisions are based on valid job‐related requirements.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our website, you may request a reasonable accommodation to express interest in a specific opening. You can request reasonable accommodation by sending an email to email@example.com.
Are you a strategic authority in Category Management? Do you love music? Do you believe in the power of music to bring people together? If you do, and you want to be a key player in an organization whose purpose is to fill the world with more music and to develop generations of new musicians then we have a position where you can find your sound.
The Category Manager will drive the strategy and execution of the Electric Guitar category including product assortment strategy, sales and margin, inventory, promotions, vendor relationships and category analysis.
Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
* Assortment selection and planning to specific sales, margin, and inventory goals
* Manage vendor relationships, including negotiating pricing, delivery time, and payment terms
* Coordinate product launches across appropriate properties
* Promotional, clearance, and markdown pricing
* Work with vendors to develop exclusive products for sale, developing promotional opportunities with vendors to increase revenue
* Coordinate everyday marketing efforts with Visual Merchandising, Digital Marketing, and Print advertising to drive overall success
* Monitor and report on competitor price, promotion, assortment and presentation tactics
* Perform weekly, monthly and quarterly category analysis and external market analysis
* Project future sales velocity based on market and product category trends
* Analyze consumer purchasing behavior and merchandise according to consumer purchasing trends
* Additional duties as assigned
To join our band, you'll need the following experience:
* Bachelor's Degree (or 4 years of equivalent work experience)
* Valid state driver's license and automotive insurance
* Ability to acquire work/travel documents (i.e., passport and visa) as required by various countries
* 6 years of relevant work experience (in addition to degree or years of previous experience), preferably in a Musical Instrument environment
* 2 years of experience leading teams
* 2 years of experience in merchandising, retail, and/or category management
* Advanced knowledge of products found in the assigned Musical Instrument category is preferred
* Skilled proficiency with Microsoft Excel (V-lookups, formulas, filtering, sorting, formatting)
* Skilled knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
* Novice understanding of marketing and promotions functions
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled