Category Manager - Fire and Intrusion
Anixter is a Fortune 500 company and a leading global supplier of communication and security products and electrical and electronic wire and cable. Our high-performing team works closely with customers and the community to better understand their business challenges specify cost-saving solutions and make informed purchasing decisions around technologies, applications and relevant standards. Please view our video for more information about Anixter.
Anixter offers competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401(k) with employer match, and additional company provided retirement benefits.
The Category Manager is the company’s subject matter expert for their products and suppliers. They have responsibility for understanding, communicating, and leveraging the features/benefits of their products in order to drive sales and profitability growth. The position is 50% strategic and 50% tactical with upward mobility and reports to the Vice President of Category. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for ownership and a fast-paced work environment, with upward mobility we've got it!
- Manage tactical relationship with key suppliers
- Identify product/process cost improvement opportunities
- Effectively communicate key product messaging both internally and externally
- Identify, manage, and communicate new product introductions
- Help manage into stock cost via Anixter tools
- Help support Anixter’s Contracts team and NSP group to help manage SPA’s
- Manage Marketing Co-op programs and vendor rebate agreements
- Conduct supplier negotiations to obtain best value, terms, and rebates
- Engage cross-functionally with sales, sourcing, and engineering teams
- Participates in end customer sales calls
- Work with Inventory Management team to develop inventory models and replenishment strategies
- Assists in development of marketing collateral
- Prepare and deliver presentations to internal stakeholders
- Support sourcing team in BOM and specifications review to identify product and supplier option
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years experience in sales, marketing or similar roles
- Minimum 3 years experience in Fire and Intrusion market
- Previous experience in the electrical distribution market is a plus
- Must be self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Analytical and detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication/ presentation skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Good PC skills including office applications such as Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.