Responsible to lead cost savings initiatives considering the Total Cost of Ownership across the company and develop procurement-specific programs as a liaison between Supply Chain and the Business / Function by effectively executing the proceeding responsibilities.
Essential functions and Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead cross-functional teams to prioritize and execute strategic sourcing projects for assigned category areas including sourcing strategy, negotiations, and supplier selection and implementation
- Conduct analysis for category improvement opportunities (e.g., market research) and implement
non-sourcing category projects (e.g., demand management and supplier solution implementation)
- Develop strategies to achieve cost savings and improve quality and service levels by identifying opportunity areas such as product standardization and supplier consolidation
- Oversee all spend activity and purchase requests and determine proper action plan for all purchases that meet the procurement involvement threshold (e.g., strategically source, tactically source, user purchase)
- Provide procurement subject matter expertise to the associated business/function group and sourcing specialists or seek out expertise from business/function
- Effectively work with functional and business groups as a trusted advisor to determine desired product/service specifications and projected demand when making recommended action plans
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities for assigned category areas and recommend key actions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Drive use of procurement best practices and standardization of procurement processes while minimizing supply risk
- Work within Supply Chain and the business to ensure that all spend above established thresholds are managed strategically
- Combine all spend information into yearly plans and long-term forecasts for costs, savings targets, and planned projects
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Requirements
- Regular scheduled attendance
- Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 0%
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university and five to eight years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
5-8 years of Strategic Sourcing/Procurement experience, Performance Measurement, Contract Negotiation, Project Management, Category Management, Business Analysis, Change Management experience
- 3-5 years of industry/category specific experience in one of the following categories: Aircraft Parts & Services, Fuel, Medical Supplies, MRO, IT, Corporate and Professional Services, Transportation and Logistics, Real Estate, Facilities
Strong knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology with pragmatism to manage exceptions
Ability to develop category and sourcing strategies by identifying opportunity areas
Track record of effectively directing and leveraging procurement spend by leading global cross-functional teams
Experience managing and maintaining strong supplier relationships
Strong leadership presence and negotiation/contract management experience
Knowledge and experience with procurement/spend systems data and analysis
Strong interpersonal and management capabilities to coach and develop Sourcing Specialists/Analysts, as needed
Must have strong organizational skills
Strong problem solving, analytical and report summation, and conflict resolution skills
Ability to apply change management and consulting skills/knowledge and expertise
- Team-building, high degree of business acumen, and interpersonal skills
Proficiency in Microsoft suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Source-to-Pay tools (e.g., Coupa)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First hand working knowledge of strategic sourcing methodology required. Technical knowledge and expertise preferred. Nationally recognized professional certification preferred (i.e. Certified Purchasing Manager).
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.