Job Title: Caterer
Reports to: Food & Beverage Manager
FLAS Status: Hourly/Non-Exempt
SMG has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a part-time Caterer at the access ShoWare Center in Kent, WA. This position is responsible for providing food service to guests during catering functions.
* Serve and clear food and beverage items according to function requirements.
* Ability to carry 4-6 plates on a large tray at one time.
* Ensure that buffets, bars, coffee breaks and tables are properly set according to specific function diagrams and standards.
* Attend to buffets, bars, coffee breaks and tables according to function requirements.
* Attend pre-shift meeting to ensure knowledge of event menu and requirements.
* Communicate clearly with all banquet guests to ensure proper service.
* Ensure full knowledge of menu and beverage selections for the event.
* Maintain cleanliness in all banquet function areas and storerooms as assigned.
* Ensure that all side stations are stocked to appropriate standards for particular function.
* Any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Must have current and valid food handlers and class 12 mixology permits.
* Must be able to lift 25lbs or more on a regular basis.
* Knowledge of Table and Buffet service required.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Must be willing to work as a Barback, Suite Attendant, Suite Runner and/or Bartender, if necessary and/or scheduled.
* Must be able to pass background and credit check.
* Be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, in English.
* Must be able to work days, evenings and weekends.
Applications can be found at www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment (http://www.accessoshowarecenter.com/venue/employment).
625 W James St.
Kent, WA 98032
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 253-856-6706.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled