This position is located at Globe Life Park, home of the Texas Rangers, located in Arlington, Texas. Delaware North Metroplex Sportservice is the premiere provider of food & beverage and retail merchandise for this MLB 49,166 seating facility. Please visit http://texas.rangers.mlb.com to learn more.
- Reports to work at scheduled time in full uniform.
- Prepares banquet facility prior to guest party arrival, including but not limited to: Placing table cloths, folding napkins, arranging napkins, silverware and condiments.
- Maintains high standards of friendly customer service by circulating in assigned sections, greeting all guests, and being genuinely interested in their needs.
- Knows portions, containers, major ingredients and prices for all items.
- I.D.'s all guests 40 and under and serves alcoholic beverages responsibly.
- Observes diners to ensure that guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Anticipates guests needs such as beverage refills. Suggests additional items such as appetizers and deserts.
- Closes sale with "Thank You", or Enjoy the Game".
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Perform opening , closing, and side work duties as instructed.
- Prepares beverages and arranges food items on decorative trays.
- Cleans table and prepares it for next guests.
- Makes suggestions to management to improve service, or change menus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple table assignments at one time.
- Possess basic knowledge of standard drink recipes and alcohol brand names.
- Ability to operate point-of-sale system to enter orders and prepare checks.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately total guest checks and count change
- Must be TABC certified every two (2) years.
- Must attend the DNC Alcohol Refresher Course.
- Must obtain Food Handling certification every two (2) years.
- Ability to remain on feet for entire length of shift.
- Constant standing, walking, bending, reaching and repetitive motions.
- Ability to maneuver between tables and around corners.
- Ability to lift, balance and move large food trays, weighing up to 35 lbs.
- Visual acuity and hearing sufficient to take orders and prepare bills.
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Variable temperatures – required to move between hot, noisy conditions of kitchen and climate-controlled dining environment.
- Noise level may be moderate to high during busy times.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants may be subject to a pre-employment background and/or drug testing.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.