DeRomo's Gourmet Market and Restaurant is hiring a Catering Coordinator. The Catering Coordinator will assist the Banquet and Sales Manager with all activities relating to catering and banquet functions. The candidate will identify, evaluate, and assist in developing strategies to increase revenue and guest satisfaction with the department's services.
- Organizing and categorizing menus on Caterease
- Manage and maintain list of prospects.
- Request staff from temp agency.
- Order rentals as related to each event
- Coordinate copies of BEOs to all parties/departments involved.
- Review BEOs at the beginning of each shift and ensure rooms are set up as contracted
- Conduct pre-shift staff meetings with Captain to review the specific needs of each group are in order
- Ensure details are attended to for each event and that events take place as contracted
- Work banquets, off-site catering, and special events during the week and weekends and during and after normal business hours, as needed
- Insure banquets and catering events are prepped and ready as ordered and on-time
- Act as liaison between Director and staff to ensure top-notch service to guests
- Maintain ambiance by controlling lighting, music, linen service, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement
- Communicate any and all issues related to food and beverage, staff, equipment, facilities, and guest concerns to Catering Director
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures
- Understand and follow the laws and guidelines for beverage service on and off premise.
- Adhere to legal and/or company policies and standards.
- Any additional functions as assigned by department manager or store manager
- Assist any service department when recognized or called upon to do so
These physical demands represent the physical requirements necessary for an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position.
- Associate may have to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
Qualifications, Education, Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Previous Catering experience preferred
- Strong communicator, verbal and written
- Excellent customer service handling skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Knowledge of food and beverage menus, food preparation and presentation
- Basic financial knowledge
- Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to communicate customer needs and resolve complaints independently
- Sales skills and previous experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Caterease
- Ability to establish and meet goals