JOB TITLE: Catering and Events Coordinator
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt
STATUS: Full time
Supervisor: Hospitality Sales Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum of 1-year high-volume event management and catering sales experience. General knowledge and interest in hospitality and catering. Highly professional work ethic, passion for customer service and sales, attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Must be a team player that can also lead by example, pitch in on any job when required and feel committed to the broader goals of City Seeds, a Humanim Social Enterprise. Proficient in Microsoft Office and able to work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to relate well to staff and board members of different races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, socioeconomic backgrounds, and religions.
- Preferred Education/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Handle the pressure of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities
- Ability to write professional and efficient emails to clients and customers
- Demonstrate strong organizational, written and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Caterease software a plus!
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The main role of this individual is to address incoming orders for all aspects of the business: catering, wholesale, events, School of Food, space rental (i.e. Entrepreneur in Residence), or other. This includes responding to inquiries, planning, executing, invoicing, and following up.
- Negotiate final pricing, prepare proposals, invoices, and contracts and secure customer signatures and payments
- Develop marketing campaigns at our caf� and kiosk locations to promote catering opportunities
- Any incoming corporate catering inquiries are inputted into our system: Caterease and all orders are confirmed with the Executive Chef and Expeditor/ Supervisor
- Answer all catering inquiries through phone, email or our online ordering systems
- Receive wholesale orders from existing accounts, communicate orders with Kitchen team, invoice wholesale clients weekly or as needed
- Set up, execute, and break down events onsite and offsite
- Request rental products such as bar tables and work with vendors to ensure best pricing
- Schedule service � bartender / wait staff � as required for customer event needs
- Prepare quotes for catering pick up, delivery and full-service events and be the point of contact for the customer from inquiry to execution
- Regular communication with our kitchen and staff to ensure products are exciting and meeting customer�s expectations
- Use social media to provide updates on catering happenings
- Run full service and marketing events as needed to represent brand
- Follow up with customers to solicit feedback
- Create pull sheets and packing lists for all orders and events
- Agency/Team Cohesion
- Maintain communication with other department staff regarding clients� status/ needs
- Participate in departmental team meetings
- To maintain continuity, 2 weeks� notice must be given upon resignation
- Other duties as assigned
- Other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or department Vice President
- Participates in the organization�s continuing learning on issues of racial equity and equity in general
This position with City Seeds is designed to help you acquire hard and soft skills to successfully take your next step in the hospitality and culinary industries. We expect that you will use our network and develop your own to get your career upgraded.
At City Seeds, a Humanim social enterprise, you�ll perform meaningful work and find the support and training it takes to grow as a professional. Our mission is to develop the best culinary job opportunities, cultivate the savviest food entrepreneurs, support the finest local food businesses, and have the most delicious social impact in Baltimore. We offer a comprehensive benefits package for eligible employees, including paid time off, medical insurance, and tuition reimbursement. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.