Grounded in a foundation of family ownership for over 100 years, Delaware North has earned a reputation as one of the most admired family-owned hospitality companies in the world. Hockeytown Cafe was created by Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch as a tribute to one of the most accomplished teams in the NHL. Sportservice will be providing great food and a fun atmosphere to this three story restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. Located in the heart of The District Detroit on Woodward, Hockeytown is close to Comerica Park, Little Caesars Arena and Ford Field. Be part of all the sports action. We are working behind the scenes and on the front lines – making each guest experience, moment and memory the best it can be. Please visit www.delawarenorth.com for details.The Opportunity
The successful candidate will be responsible for generating and executing events and non-event day operations for the restaurants, and other party areas.
Specifically responsible for:
- Oversee execution of catering events, including ensuring appropriate room set-up, managing the timelines of the event and supervision of the staff, and managing the budget for the event.
- Handle guest relations and monitor adherence to quality assurance standards.
- Greet guests at functions, up-sell to guests, handle client/customer concerns, follow-up with guests after events.
Qualified candidates must have:
- Minimum of three (3) years catering management experience in a high volume restaurant or hotel environment required.
- Experience in food preparation, inventory and cost control, scheduling and purchasing.
- Excellent customer service orientation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions.
- Must be familiar with standard food and beverage equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management or related preferred.
- Ability to work event hours including some holidays, weekends and evenings.
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually. Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at www.DelawareNorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.