POSITION: Catering Sales Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Catering Sales
REPORTS TO: Catering Sales Director
FLSA STATUS: Hourly; Non-Exempt
SAVOR...Chicago, a leading food service provider located at McCormick Place Convention Center has an immediate opening for a Catering Sales Coordinator. This position will provide support for Exhibit Floor Catering Sales and have a clear understanding of the roles and functions that food and beverage play within McCormick Place and the type of clientele that uses these services.
* Provide administrative support to Exhibit Floor Catering Managers
* Act as an additional liaison between the group contact and SAVOR by informing department managers of pertinent information
* Maintain strong client relationships to ensure their expectations are met and exceeded
* Effectively communicate with all internal teams, i.e., Banquets, Culinary, Stewarding, Restaurants, Purchasing, Accounting, Choose, Hotel Partners and SMG.
* Promptly follow up on customer calls and requests in an efficient and expedient manner.
* Distribute banquet event orders and generate change log
* Maintains client event files complete with contract, banquet orders, notes, and coordinates event payment through our online system pre and post event
* Coordinate F&B for internal meetings
* Greets guests via telephone and email, and relays messages in a timely manner
* Maintain a professional working environment and attitude
* Possess superior time management skills as well as the ability to multi-task
* All other administrative duties and special projects as deemed necessary by the Director of Catering, Assistant Director of Catering and General Manager
* High School Diploma or equivalent (i.e. GED)
* Previous Experience in Catering and Convention Service operation preferred
* Computer literate and must be able to type no less than 50 wpm (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
* Must be flexible (nights and weekends may be required)
* Ideal candidates must be organized, demonstrate a sense of urgency, be able to respond quickly and resourcefully to internal and external issues.
Hourly Rate: $17-$19
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled