The Catering Coordinator is responsible for articulating and negotiating all details related to scheduled meetings/events requested at the hotel, including event specifications and payment. It is the responsibility of this role to work closely with clients on details pertaining to menus, set up, sleeping rooms, and up-sells where possible.
The social media aspect is expected to be 1-2 hours of each work day, 5 days a week focusing on improving and promoting our location on social media outlets.
This is a full time position requiring flexible scheduling due to catering and social media needs.
This is an hourly mid-level position supporting a Catering Director - prior catering or events experience is preferred.
Job Duties & Functions
- Assist in building catering revenues by booking meeting/catering events from initial prospect to closing file after event ends.
- Respond to meeting/catering inquiries, generating proposals and contracts.
- Coordinate/participate in the solicitation of existing and new accounts through email, personal sales calls and phone calls.
- Work closely with internal partners to ensure the success and satisfaction of the client’s event.
- Engaging interactions with on-site guests, taking and editing photos of the interactions.
- Creating content from on property activities/events as well as Disney content from Disney Destination Sales.
- Creating messaging (work with social media team) that will generate revenue for the resort encompassing the entire hotel including rooms, F&B, pool activities, hotel events and spa.
- DM people who commented with interest, special promos to generate interest & revenue.
- Check Facebook & Instagram inbox for DMs from guests or potential guests
- Retrieve analytics on social media impact to report during weekly/biweekly meetings with the social media team including General Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Sales.
- Ensure all social media rules are being adhered to and followed in all communications
- Any other duties as required
Education & Experience
- 1 - 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field. Hospitality degree is preferred.
- Experience with catering events or event planning is preferred - hotel catering/events is desired
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications and social media outlets such as Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations and be able to convey information and ideas clearly in such times.
- Proven skills of multitasking and staying organized.
Source: Aimbridge Hospitality