Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
- Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
- Largest Employer in the County
- Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida’s oldest State Park
- Close knit community with a home town family feel
- 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
Work Hours/Shift: PRN Weekend Days
- Adheres to approved standards of aseptic technique during an invasive procedure.
- Administers Fluid and contrast material under the direct supervision of the attending physician.
- Prepares the cardiovascular catheterization laboratory and equipment for procedure to be performed.
- Opens sterile packs and prepares instrument table for catheterization procedure.
- Greets patient and makes comfortable with department surroundings.
- Prepare patient for catheterization procedure. Sterile drape the patient.
- Assess the patient’s status on arrival and throughout the procedure by demonstrating knowledge of electrocardiographic, hemodynamic, and hematological data. Update the physician of any potential life threatening changes throughout the procedure.
- Assist physician during procedure.
- Observes patient for any complications of catheterization procedure; documents observation and reports to registered nurse or physician.
- Observes all fluid infusion and patency of catheters.
- Assists supervisor in accurately recording charges for procedures.
- Attends all hospital mandatory in-services.
- Demonstrates a willingness to maintain a harmonious working relationship with physicians, and other staff members.
- Demonstrates and practices proper radiation protection measures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of equipment and follows proper procedure protocols.
- Compiles test results on patient and forwards to physician.
- Documents appropriately in patients’ medical record.
- Instructs patient of post-catheterization limitations and restrictions.
- Follows current trends and practices in the Cath Lab.
- Implements emergency measures necessary to meet the needs of the patient.
- Provides for the delivery of patient care and demonstrates regard for the dignity and respect of all patients and family members as defined in the mission of our facility.
- Utilizes equipment and supplies in a safe and prudent manner.
- Maintains physiologic and hemodynamic monitoring equipment, informs the Catheterization Supervisor of any problems.
- Restocks and prepares rooms for next day's procedures in conjunction with other team members.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a minimum of one of the following – RCIS registry or Florida license as a Certified Radiologic Technologist or Florida license as a certified Respiratory Therapist, & or Florida license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, or graduate from an accredited Cardiovascular Tech (AS) program.
- Proficient in interpreting EKG and blood pressure tracings.(Hemodynamic monitoring)
- Knowledge of Cath Lab imaging and monitoring equipment.
Performs a wide range of technical skills which are utilized during cardiac catheterization and invasive imaging procedures. Specializes in the monitoring of physiologic data received during cardiac and vascular procedures, and performs scrub activities.