UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's
0700-1530, Rotating call schedule
Perform diagnostic and follow-up procedures for the patients of the Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory/Electrophysiciology Lab/ and Peripheral Lab. Assist in the delivery of care to patients in the Invasive Cardiology Units and CSU.
- Performs cardiology, diagnostic, and follow-up procedures for patients.
- Transportation of patients to/from the Cardiology Department.
- Establishes pre/post care and assessment of the patients.
- Counsels patients and their families.
- Orients new personnel to the department.
- Schedules procedures and exams with appropriate offices.
- Performs clerical duties that include, but are not limited to, answering the telephone, answering questions, receiving, filing, signing out and distributing records.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by the Manager or the Organization.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Cardiovascular Technology with a degree/certification in an allied health field or ARRT certification for Radiologic Technologists.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Will train a new graduate from the above listed accredited schools and colleges.
- RCIS/RCES Preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Machines: Siemens X-Ray System, CD Archival Workstation, MERGE Hemodynamic System, CO Machine, Datascope Balloon Pumps, Electrocautery, Defibrillators, Pacer analyzers, Impella, Volcano, and EKG machines.
- Administrative: Answers phones, provides family members with instruction, enters orders and files patient records