Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants. We have an expanding gathering and processing footprint across multiple shale and natural resource plays, including the Permian Basin, Barnett Shale, Bakken Shale, onshore Louisiana and the Gulf of Mexico.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
Successful candidate will be responsible for the operation of a NGL fractionation and treating facility, located near Mont Belvieu, Texas. Core position responsibilities include:
• Conduct all job related tasks in a safe manner; comply with all governmental and corporate regulations (including site-specific procedures) related to occupational safety, employee health and the environment.
• Conduct periodic inspections of the facility and report any unsafe condition or condition posing a potential conflict with environmental permits or regulations to local management.
• Monitor operating conditions, report variances from normal conditions and take appropriate actions to maintain optimum process performance.
• Complete all assigned tasks in assigned area(s) of responsibility including those related to compliance assurance.
• Respond to any direction provided by the supervisor and/or lead operator on the shift.
• Prepare portions of the facility or specific items of equipment for maintenance or repair. (Lock-out/Tag-out, Permit writing)
• Execute all tasks related to startup and shutdown of equipment in assigned areas of responsibility.
• Participate in emergency response activities.
Minimum Essential Qualifications
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams, personnel, vendors and business directives
• Must be able to learn Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage time when given multiple tasks
Physical Demands and Work Environment
• Ability to lift, push, and pull 75 pounds
• Ability to work in changing climate conditions and a plant environment directed by business needs
• Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing
• Follow and adhere to all applicable safety protocols and procedures (e.g. Personal Protective Equipment, safety guidelines and procedures, eye protection, protective footwear, FRC)
• The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, use hands to switch equipment, repair minor maintenance and to open and close valves, and work to meet all business needs
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with peers, affected crafts, personnel, contractors and customers
• Must work with a minimum of supervision and be able to manage their time when given multiple tasks
• Must be able to learn MAXIMO (CMMS) system to create and complete work orders
Preferred Qualifications (used as a tool to prioritize candidates that meet minimum qualifications)
• Minimum of 1-5 years work experience in a NGL facility, or chemical facility
• Be a self starter, and ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
• Be able to work with internal and external customers-and verify product flows and volumes
• Ability to learn all areas of Fractionator operations and cross train in various areas
• Experience with a computer based management system (SAP, Maximo)
• Experience with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures
• Experience in work permit processes and procedures
• Documentation of any changes or events
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.