Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for Children's Behavioral Health!!
Children's Behavioral Health, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral and mental health services in the state of Pennsylvania. At Children's Behavioral Health we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Children’s Behavioral Health provides services to our clients in 18 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
The person in this position provides one-to-one mental health interventions to children and adolescents between the ages of twenty four months and twenty one years old who are confronted with serious, identified, emotional and/or behavioral disturbances. The goal of the Therapeutic Support Staff (TSS) worker is to improve independent age-appropriate functioning to levels which require less or no service intervention. The TSS worker will attempt to transfer skills to the child/adolescent and parents.
• Provides face-to-face behavioral interventions
• Implements Individualized Treatment Plans
• Provides support to parents, teachers, and community individuals
• Delivers and models treatment interventions
• Provides positive reinforcement to the clients and families
• Implements consequences for inappropriate actions as agreed upon
• Communicates with peers and co-workers and exchanges information which is important in achieving the individual goals for the clients
• Performs related work as required
• Prevent dependency on TSS services from the child and/or family by strictly adhering to the Individualized Treatment Plan
• Setting and adhering to professional boundaries with all clients and families
• Provides culturally aware and competent service provision
• Minimum requirements include a BS/BA Degree in a Human Service Field (example include but not limited to: Psychology, Education, Sociology, Criminal Justice) with no experience (experience preferred)
• BS/BA Degree in a non-Human Service field with a least one year paid experience with children and/or families
• AA Degree in a Human Service field (or 60 credits toward a BS/BA degree) and at least three years paid experience with children and/or families
• In addition, Child Abuse Clearance, Criminal Background and FBI Clearances must be obtained (CBH will assist you in obtaining these clearances)
• Travel is a must so a valid PA Driver’s License is necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to analyze complex issues and make good decisions
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Ability to follow schedules and meet established deadlines
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in all client related matters at all times
• Ability to organize and plan in a methodical systematic approach
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, families, and other employees
- Must complete initial training curriculum as per company requirements and guidelines and state regulatory standards
- Must complete a minimum of twenty training hours per year thereafter
Children's Behavioral Health is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• 401k Match – 50% of the first 6% of eligible compensation up to an annual maximum of $750
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!!
Children's Behavioral Health is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.