Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
CBP Aircraft Avionics Technician San Antonio
Job Title: Avionics (Electronic Technician)
Location: San Antonio, TX
- Performs maintenance on aircraft electrical and electronics systems, instruments, auto‑pilots and Navigation Systems as required.
- Responsible for overseeing and performing scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance; inspections and corrosion control of aircraft components, airframe and powerplant; and maintain appropriate aircraft records and logs.
- Reports to the Maintenance Manager. Site Supervisor and or the Site Manager.
- Must be customer oriented.
- Troubleshoot all avionics systems, conducting fault isolation and repair of faulty components.
- Build up and replace faulty wire harness/bundles as needed.
- Test avionics systems periodically as required for preventative maintenance.
- Install/modify Government furnished Classified Communications Equipment according to applicable Technical Directives, industry standards and FAA regulations.
- Produce new and modify existing wiring diagrams according to applicable technical data/documents and FAA regulations.
- Perform corrosion control inspections on aircraft avionics components and take corrective actions when necessary.
- Perform quality assurance inspections on avionics equipment and ensure all avionics test equipment and special tools are calibrated on schedule and prior to usage.
- Coordinate with the appropriate supply personnel to ensure that an adequate inventory of electronic and electrical components are available.
- Conduct off-station maintenance when required.
- Effectively communicate with the customer in a courteous, professional manner and research any reported aircraft discrepancies through fault isolation to make repairs.
- Wash, clean and maintain the interior and exterior of the aircraft to company standards.
- Support the Tool and FOD Programs by maintaining a clean work areas and following procedures.
- Maintain aircraft log books, status reports, historical and administrative data as required.
- Follow manufacture’s, government, DoD and FAA technical data required to appropriately maintain CBP aircraft in accordance with the required regulations and airworthiness standards.
- Operate or maintain Ground Support Equipment, vehicles or equipment as required.
- May be required to exercise independent judgment and travel or relocate to other geographical locations including foreign countries on temporary duty.
- Minimum of five (5) years recent experience working full-time as an Avionics Technician.
- FCC General license is preferred.
- Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate is preferred.
- Thorough working knowledge of both military and general aviation electrical and electronic systems, and components and pitot static systems.
- Experience in repair/maintenance/installation of intercommunications, ADF, LF, VHF, HF, and UHF communications, navigations systems, instrument landing systems, auto pilots and associated aircraft lighting systems.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- The mental and visual ability to read, understand and interpret detailed technical publications and instructions.
- Must have the ability to deal courteously, professionally, and effectively with the customer.
- Must be able to obtain a passport, visa and Government security clearance and travel to support field operations.
- Must be able to work well with others or independently, predicated on the scope and depth of operations at specified sites
- Analytical abilities sufficient to handle complex technical and administrative details.
- May require an FAA Form 8060‑1 Repairman Certification within 90 days of assignment to this position
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.