***WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PHONE CALLS REGARDING APPLICATIONS STATUS. ALL CORRESPONDENCES ARE MADE THROUGH EMAIL******
Position Title: House Manager
Employment: Full-Time $12.50 - $14.00 Hourly
Reports To: Director of Operations
Absolute Home Care, LLC. is accepting applications for House Managers to oversee the functions of our 8-bed Community Based Residential Facilities and our 4-bed Adult Family Homes. Absolute Home Care specializes in providing services to individuals with Developmental Disabilities, Persistent Mental Illness and Traumatic Brain Injuries.
This is a full-time position which will work a combination of various shifts/hours (including at least every other weekend) and is under the supervision of the Director of Operations. The House Manager is responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and management/supervision of client care. On a daily basis, the House Manager will assist with client personal cares, medications, cooking, cleaning and community outings. The House manager will assist with transporting and/or coordinate transporting residents into the community, train and coach Resident Caregivers, and cover open shifts. The House Manager is responsible for the daily management of the AHC home that he/she are assigned to.
- At least 18 years of age & have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Reliable vehicle, valid driver license, and proof of insurance
- At least two years of experience in a health care supervisory or leadership position.
- Documentation of Free from communicable disease including Tuberculosis (TB) test/screen done by a medical professional within 90 days before the start of employment.
- Successful completion of training requirements (DHS 88 & 83, ALL CBRF certifications listed on the UW-Green Bay Registry, including other company training)
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- History of working with persons with developmental disability, mental illness, elderly and traumatic brain injury.
- Experience in reducing antipsychotic drugs and managing resident behaviors.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to delegate assignments to the appropriate individuals based on skills, roles and interests.
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication and the ability to facilitate small group presentations.
- Competent in organizational, time management skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office (Windows, Outlook, Excel) with the ability to learn new applications.
- Available to travel.
- Caring, compassionate and dependable
- Ability to occasionally lift 20+ pounds, bend, twist, reach, stand and walk on an ongoing basis.
- Freedom from the use and effects of use of drugs in the workplace
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must pass Department of Health Services background check
Here are some of the responsibilities of the House Manager:
- Policy & procedure implementation.
- Participate in disciplining, evaluations, and assisting with termination of residential care staff.
- Provide and implement planned care to the clients of the facility in a clean and safe living environment as required by DHS 88 & 83.
- Plan, coordinate, lead and participate in daily activities.
- Implement our training programs, including training team members in providing challenging behavior solutions when difficult situations arise.
- Effectively communicate with resident family members, physicians/clinical staff, managed care organizations, and referral sources.
- Assist new residents and family members with adjustment of admission to our homes. Maintain ongoing relationship with resident and family members and or case managers.
- Ensure the community follows all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining required individualized service plans (ISP’S) and required documentation according to CBRF & AFH regulations.
- Keep abreast of professional developments in the field by reading, attending conferences and training sessions and actively participating in CEU training, conferences, and programs.
- Work scheduled shifts (primarily 1st shift), weekends, evenings and flexible hours, available in times of resident and/or staff crisis. Including working on the floor during other shifts when needed.
- Required to take “on-call” for staff support.
- Assist with training new hires.
- Coordination of all facility maintenance need to ensure compliance for fire, safety and health requirements.
- Coordinate the arrangements/transport of clients to scheduled appointments, day program, dr. appts, and per individual need/request using your reliable insured vehicle.
- Must be able to travel as it is a requirement.
- Provide progress reports, critical incident reports and individual service plans (ISP) updates to the client case manager, guardian and others.
- This position schedules all staff for 24/7 delivery of services within the community while monitoring, training, coaching, and developing all of the Assisted Living Resident Care staff to ensure the highest caliber resident care staff is consistently in place.
- Assist in coordinating and conducting appropriate training for staff, providing in-service training and return skills demonstration relevant to the needs of the residents, conducting appropriate reviews of services to ensure compliance with regulations and standard practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, compliance with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment is practiced at every location operated by us. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Our company expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of AHC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.