JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at.
Our Firmwide Risk function is focused on cultivating a stronger, unified culture that embraces a sense of personal accountability for developing the highest corporate standards in governance and controls across the firm. Business priorities are built around the need to strengthen and guard the firm from the many risks we face, financial rigor, risk discipline, fostering a transparent culture and doing the right thing in every situation. We are equally focused on nurturing talent, respecting the diverse experiences that our team of Risk professionals bring and embracing an inclusive environment.
Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves consumers and small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Consumer & Community Banking Risk Management partners with each CCB sub-line of business to identify, assess, prioritize and remediate risk. Types of risk that occur in consumer businesses include fraud, reputation, operational, credit, market and regulatory, among others
This position reports up through Consumer and Community Banking Risk; however, Dealer Commercial Services (DCS) is a specialized commercial lending group that works with automobile dealers.
As a Credit Manager in Dealer Commercial Services,you must be able to work independently and be a key resource concerning credit issues, policy expertise and use your credit approval authority appropriately. The Credit Manager is expected to supervise and lead a team of Underwriters both locally and partner with our global team. A successful individual must possess and apply a broad understanding of the business environment including the auto industry, current events, and economic cycles. You will be a leader on the team and a contributing member to the deal flow process. With minimal guidance, you will be expected to approve and structure deals appropriately that are within your credit authority and provide guidance and recommendations on deals outside of your credit authority.
Job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Leading an effective team: assist with the mentoring, coaching, and providing ongoing training and development of staff
- Quality of Underwriting: ensure consistent quality underwriting packages that comply with regulations and the Bank’s policies and procedures
- Operating Efficiently: work with the Sales team to allocate underwriting resources and prioritize workflow for both new and existing customers
- Credit Approval: ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet customer deadlines while ensuring the credit integrity of transactions
- Build/Maintain Strong Partnerships: participate in deal teams and customer meetings to discuss alternative credit structures
- Portfolio Management: provide ongoing credit management activities with guidance on policy issues, procedures and risk ratings
7+ years’ commercial banking / lending experience including extensive credit, structuring and marketing experience.
Superior analytical skills supported by excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Demonstrated judgment and ability to act decisively.
Ability to manage a transaction team on behalf of Banker or Market Manager. Typically a minimum of 8 years commercial banking / lending experience including extensive credit, structuring and marketing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures, as well as its products and their inherent risks.
- Recognized leadership capacities.
- Experienced in supervision of professional level employees