The CAO VP is a member of the CAO/Real Estate Finance team. The team provides complete financial support of the Chief Administration Office functions within Consumer Banking and is responsible for the capital planning, financial modeling and investment analysis of the Consumer Banking Distribution Network of over 5,200 branches and 16,000 ATMs. In addition, the group is responsible for over $2.0 billion in annual expense, financial and program support of the company’s New Build program, participating in ATM and branch distribution strategy, IT investment governance for Consumer Banking (CB).
As a member of the Consumer Banking Finance team you will be responsible for providing business and financial support to the Consumer Bank Chief Administration Office function (CAO). The CAO group is engaged in supporting Chase’s network of 5,200 branches via policies and procedures, branch controls, IT systems support, project management, branch and ATM equipment and branch real estate. This challenging, high-visibility, hands-on position will interact directly with CB Real Estate CFO, CAO executive management, as well as partner with seven CAO Managing Directors.
Specific activities & responsibilities include: budget/forecast support, financial analysis, CB 2.0 program support, implementation of key strategic initiatives (e.g., market expansion, branch formats, paperless strategies, etc.), coordination of planning and analysis activities across CAO/Consumer Real Estate, and preparation of key executive level presentations and reviews.
End-to-End financial management and decision making support of the CAO function
Coordinate planning and analysis activities across CAO, CB Real Estate, and CB Occupancy
Strategic initiative engagement and reporting
Responsible for coordinating and reporting against expense workstream initiatives
Ad hoc projects and complex business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- Masters in Business Administration preferred
- Previous Management experience preferred
- 3 to 5 years of Banking or Financial Services experience preferred
- Leadership skills with the ability to influence and advise
- Keen business acumen and the ability to tell the compelling story from the information
- Deep knowledge and understanding of financial statements, concepts and principles
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency in computer navigation and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and presentations skills with frequent interaction with executive and senior management
- Strong organizational skills, including good judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively in a team environment with a variety of individuals, departments and organizations
- Independent / problem solving / creative thinking