The ADT Corporation (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada for homes and businesses, people on-the-go and their network. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT delivers same-day service and live answer within seconds in customer operations, helping customers feel more safe and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 17,500 people throughout North America. More information is available at www.adt.com.
This position provides direction and support for the end users. Manages the existing and new product testing to include providing technical assistance and support in cooperation with the operations departments.
Essential Job Duties:
- Responsible for providing first line support to end users in all aspects of IT and telecommunications delivery.
- Provide employee training wherever needed on new equipment, software or new policies for which training is needed.
- Work in the field with employees on IT related calls/installs. Train them as necessary so they can work in an IT atmosphere.
- Support employees that have questions while on customer’s site.
- Ensures compatibility of hardware/software already in use or to be used through evaluating, testing, ease of use and if user needs are met.
- Must run necessary cables for phone/computer additions.
- Maintain company’s burglar and property access systems.
- Provide technical support for staff and customers.
- Provide documentation of field staff deficiencies to appropriate department managers and assist with training opportunities.
- Identify training requirements for all new technologies and offered equipment as they are added to our company’s product line.
- Communicating and ensuring the safe use of IT equipment and systems ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures
- Keep in contact with sales and administration to remain informed of additions to technology and equipment.
- Implement new software and support employees with training and problems.
- Maintain and keep secure all company information including securing confidential information.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications, attend vendor seminars or webinars, etc.
- Maintain level of expertise in the technologies organization supports and in an effort to further assist the employees and customers of the company.
- Must have the ability to write scripts in some administrative language (Powershell & Unix).
- Programming experience a plus
- CompTIA certifications required
- Familiar with Microsoft and its commands/utilities; can edit files, use a shell, find users’ home directories, navigate through the file system and use i/o redirection.
- Working technical knowledge in security systems; cctv, card access a plus desktop and peripherals.
- Must be flexible with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload from a given set of tasks.
- Must be able to communicate with end users on IT related topics.
- Must have the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels.
- Must have the ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Must be able to demonstrate commitment to continuous self-development.
- Other assignments as directed.
General Minimum Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree in computer science or related degree plus 2 years working in related field.
- Or minimum of 5 years verifiable working experience in related field.
- Experience in Microsoft products required.
- Maintain valid State Driver’s License with clean record (must be insurable driver).
- Must have clean background screening result.
- Must have negative drug screening result.
- Must be able to travel on occasion; locally or out of state.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with clients, co-workers, customers, and management.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and the trust of the company.
- Further, must be punctual and adhere to all policies set forth by company.
- Requires the ability to remain professional, confident and patient in dealing with upset customers whose computer systems/equipment you are troubleshooting.
- Work is performed in indoor and outdoor settings with regular exposure to extreme cold, heat, direct sunlight, dirt, hazardous electrical equipment and wiring, and underground and elevated heights.
- May require working on-call during after hours and weekends.
- This position may work long hours.
ADT LLC is an EEO Employer
Want to learn more about ADT?
Visit us online at www.adt.com