TITLE:� � � � � � DRIVER
PURPOSE:� � To drive and maintain Company vehicles used in the delivery of material to the customer and through including physical material handling.
- Deliver material to job site and determine whether or not ground conditions and buildings are suitable for unloading of material.
- Supervise the loading to ensure the security of the material in transit
- Unload truck ensuring the security of the material and the proper placement of material at job site while maintaining safety standards.
- Direct the action of the Helper.
- Handle the collection of money on COD deliveries.
- Ensure that receipt of material is acknowledged before leaving the job site.
- Prepare daily vehicle inspections reports and driver logs in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Report vehicle maintenance issues promptly .
- Represent the Company in a courteous and professional manner.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
Sit and operate vehicle and other mechanical equipment 70-80 % of the day.
Frequently climbs on and off the truck
Lift 100 pounds up to a height of 6 feet
Carry 100 pounds over a distance exceeding 12 feet
Push 100 pounds in a wheeled cart
Bend, stoop or squat to floor level on a repetitive basis
Reach overhead to grasp materials
Work outside in temperatures ranging from extreme heat to extreme cold
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS & ABILITIES:
High School Diploma or GED Diploma
CDL License and a clean driving record
2+ years experience operating a commercial motor vehicle.
Must be able to read, write and do arithmetic
Must be able to communicate effectively
Must be able to follow instructions
Must have knowledge and ability to practice safe lifting techniques
Must have knowledge of materials and products