Cranemasters is a full-service railroad contractor providing specialty lifting, emergency response, track maintenance/repair and load adjust/transfer services. We are recruiting for a CDL-A Driver/Heavy Equipment Operator to join our Lakeland, FL team. Learn more at www.cranemasters.com.
HOW YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspection of trucks, trailers, and equipment in accordance with Company policy and D.O.T. regulations.
- Drives tractor-trailer to/from job sites, inspects loads, and machinery being transported. Verifies transportation permits to ensure that specifications for overweight and oversize loads/equipment are accurate.
- Operates equipment (cranes, backhoes, grapple truck, dump truck, excavators, etc.) in accomplishment of tasks associated with specialty lifting, re-railing, load transfer, track maintenance/repair, grading or other work in preparation for railroad construction and related activities.
- Works with hydraulic tools, welding, cutting with torches, electrical tools and common hand tools in accomplishment of work assignments.
- Continuously monitors equipment/vehicles to minimize down town and to ensure operational readiness.
- Maintains vehicles/equipment and work area ensuring that they are cleared of debris/trash, tools and equipment are organized and that the work area/vehicle/equipment present the level of quality and craftsmanship expected of Cranemasters’ team members.
- Flexible/work-ready to perform tasks for other departments/divisions as may be required to meet business needs and customer expectations.
- Follows all required safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- Three years of progressive experience operating heavy motorized equipment to include: backhoe, bulldozer, excavator, front-end loader, grapple truck, rail-bound equipment, tractor and skid-steer loaders; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Display strong adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Must pass qualification tests as required (includes E-Rail Safe and other training/safety programs).
- Must meet 24/7 availability in order to respond to emergency calls for service including weekends and holidays.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
- Employee must obtain assistance when lifting items weighing more than 75 pounds, or items which present ergonomic challenges in lifting/movement/placement.