Cranemasters seeks CDL-A Driver/Laborer with experience in operation of a trackhoe and other heavy equipment. Cranemasters provides a “one stop shop” to our customers in performance of work supporting the railroad industry. Through innovative engineering and sound business practices, we are dedicated to meeting our customers’ needs in a safe, professional, cost effective, and expeditious manner while developing employees in an environment built on teamwork and mutual respect. Learn more at www.cranemasters.com.
HOW YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
- Participates in daily safety briefing.
- Follows all safety rules/regulations; wears required PPE; performs work in accordance with established process/procedures.
- Transporting equipment/materials to/from job site.
- Loads/moves/distributes materials in preparation of work activities for rerailing, load adjust, load transfer, car repair and general railroad maintenance and repair. Upon conclusion of daily work ensures that equipment/materials are reloaded for safe transportation to home-base and actively participates in site clean-up.
- Performs manual labor including but not limited to: cutting vegetation/brush, digging holes/trenches, carrying materials from vehicles/equipment to designated area
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in field based operations involving manual labor (construction, farm equipment, utility, or related industry).
- Possession of CDL-A and experience in operation of heavy equipment.
- Proven ability to understand and follow directions.
- Display strong adherence to safety policies and procedures.
- Must pass qualification tests as required (includes E-Rail Safe and other training/safety programs).
- Must meet 24/7 availability in order to respond to emergency calls for service including weekends and holidays.
- Constantly on feet
- Walking / carrying loads on uneven surfaces and in ballast.
- Working in ALL weather conditions.
- Working extended hours.
- Constant bending, twisting, stooping, standing and / or walking.
- Regular lifting of up to 50 pounds; loads in excess of 50 pounds and which can be reduced, should be made lighter.
NOTE: Cranemasters is a 24/7 emergency service provider to the railroad industry and as such, our employees are subject to work outside of normal working hours including nights, weekends and/or holidays.