Location: Cambridge City, IN Department: Dot Transportation, Inc. (DTI) Reports To: DTI Leadership
Your Role: A Regional Company Delivery Driver at DTI primarily delivers product to Dot Foods customers and picks up product at our suppliers.
- Safely and efficiently operate DTI equipment for transportation of product to customers and from suppliers
- Comply with all legal and regulatory requirements imposed by the Dept. of Transportation, FMCSA, or any other governing body
- Load & unload dry and temperature controlled goods
- Meet established company goals including managing MPG, fuel purchases, idle time, and speed
- Read and understand DTI load paperwork, as well as product and packaging descriptions
- Understand and safely follow directions and instructions
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Part Time Schedule
- Working in all weather conditions, both weekday and weekend schedules, day and night driving
- Includes sitting, walking, or standing during work hours
- Regular physical activity, including the ability to safely lift up to 60 pounds repeatedly
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive annual earnings, including bonus opportunities
- Company-sponsored retirement plan: 401k with a company match and profit sharing
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
We Need You To Have:
- Class A CDL and a good motor vehicle report
- Haz Mat endorsement and tanker endorsement
- Medical examiner certificate from a company-approved examiner
- Ability to pass our physical ability test (PAT)
- Ability to read, speak, and comprehend the English language
We’d Like You To Have:
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 months of over-the-road experience or graduate of approved truck driver training school