Lyman Lumber has been a leader in the residential building materials market for more than 100 years, and we're looking for experienced boom truck drivers for drywall delivery on our 1st shift!
Home for the weekend
Truck driving is one of the fastest-growing professions in the nation. But unless you�re an operator yourself, you�d have no idea of the long hours, difficult conditions, and struggle to balance home life with a life on the road. At Lyman Lumber, we take a different approach�local routes that give you time with your family. Plus, our career path lets you stretch your skills to learn about the variety of vehicles we use for materials handling.
Best of all, you�ll be joining us in our larger project of Building the American Dream. Every mile you drive helps build dreams.
Why Lyman Lumber?�
- Now offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus!
- Earn $24.50�per hour�starting, with room to increase your wage
- Monday-Friday, home every night
- Casual dress code
- Overtime opportunities
- Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, FSA, 401k, Time off, and Company Cookouts!
Essential Job Duties:�
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.�
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading as necessary.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.�s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers� satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Operates Boom in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Ability to work overtime of up to 10-15 hours seasonally as necessary
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:�
- Have a class A CDL valid in Minnesota.
- Minimum experience required�6 months CDL experience including boom or crane usage.� Basic CDL experience with flat beds and/or tractor trailers required.
- Special skills required� Ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.� Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills and use safe lifting techniques.
- Clean driving record, current CDL operator�s license, and current DOT qualifications.
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and throwing.� Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions.� Ability to lift up 75 lbs or more on a repetitive basis.