As an industry leader and one of the largest building material suppliers in FL,�Raymond Building Supply,�is�seeking a�full-time�CDL Boom Truck Operator�at our�Fort Pierce�location (Local - Home Daily).�
Delivers materials to job site,�inspects and maintains truck, reports shortages and claims to supervisor, and assists in loading and storing of materials. Typically a more experienced driver who operates a boom�and moffett. Also includes more experienced tractor trailer drivers.
Essential Job Duties:�
- Maintains a current Class A�Commercial Driver�s License as required.
- Prepares DOT required log of time on duty and driving.
- Organizes and secures load.
- Assists forklift operators when loading.
- Accounts for all company funds, such as C.O.D.�s.
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Delivers and unloads materials to customers� satisfaction.
- Completes daily equipment pre-inspection.
- Records all merchandise that is returned by truck, assists in unloading material returned for credit.
- Follows guidelines established by the Department of Transportation.
- Operates Boom in safe and efficient manner, maintains records regarding equipment use and time charged.
- Logs in deliveries on supervisor�s log sheet.
- Waits on customers while truck is being loaded.
- Relays messages sent by customers while on job.
- Assists supervisor, other employees and other work areas, as assigned.
- Assists in maintaining good housekeeping in yard and warehouse.�
- Complies with Company�s attendance policy by maintaining regular and predictable attendance.�
- Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:�
- Minimum education required��High School Diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).�
- Minimum experience required�must be a CDL A�with at least 2 years experience driving a Tractor Trailer (semi) or 2 years experience operating boom trucks and/or trucks with Princeton moffetts & roll off trailers.
- Special skills required� Attention to detail when delivering over sized loads and the ability to do arithmetic, read orders, write instructions and complete forms.�
- Communicate with customers, other employees and supervisors using verbal and written skills.�Knowledge and ability to use safe lifting techniques.�
- Other�Clean driving record and current operator�s license.
- Physical demands include stooping, bending, twisting and throwing. Working in a variety of climates and environmental conditions. Ability to lift up 100 lbs or more on a repetitive basis.��
Company benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability,�Life Insurance, 401k with company match, Paid holidays & vacation days
EOE and DFWP
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.�