Groome Transportation's Arlington Campus Operations is Now Hiring Full-Time CDL Bus Drivers!!!
The ideal candidate must be available to work 25-30 hours per week Monday through Friday.
Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia and operating across 16 states, Groome Transportation is a very successful specialty ground transportation company providing closed-loop campus shuttle services contracted with academic and institutional clients (the "Contract" division). Groome generates best-in-class profitability, reflecting the value of its services to its customers and its efficient operations.
Ideal job for Retirees, Veterans, Part-/Full-time employees!
Full-time benefits offered, evening and weekend work available!
Driver will be required to drive a shuttle bus on a fixed route with assigned stops while also providing excellent customer service. Responsible for the safe and comfortable operation of the vehicle.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all passengers receive safe, reliable customer-oriented transportation throughout the shift
- Using the Smith System for defensive driving and other driver training materials that have been provided, ensure that the vehicle is operated in a safe manner at all times
- Accept direction from dispatch and pick up riders as directed
- Greet passengers and thank passengers in a friendly manner as they enter and exit the bus
- Ability to uphold company standard for customer service, including proper phone and bus etiquette
- Responsible for keeping assigned vehicle clean inside and out and odor free
- Ability to climb into bus
- Frequent opening and closing of doors
- Ability to operate ADA equipment, lifts and wheelchair securement
- Attend staff meetings and safety trainings as required
- Report for work on time and in uniform for every shift
- Possible on-call as required during inclement weather
- Communication with Dispatchers both in person and over the radio
- Complete driver logs, if required
- Complete and turn in Vehicle Inspections as required by DOT (DVIRs)
- Perform location specific duties such as facility clean up, parking lot clean up, or other duties as directed by Operations Manager and/or Dispatchers
- Advise manager of any accidents or incidents per company policy
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes and passenger endorsement required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Motor Vehicle Report must meet all company standards
- Must pass DOT physical and drug test with a one-year card, post-offer, pre-placement testing and on the road training
- Must pass pre-employment drug test
- Complete pre-employment background check
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with others to maintain integrity of transportation system
- Understand and follow all state and federal driving regulations
- Ability to use a computer and the Internet