Position Title: CDL Class A/B/C Driver
Location: Wixom MI
Reports To: Shipping Supervisor
Headquartered in Wixom Michigan, Glass & Mirror Craft is the industry leader of Custom Engineered Glass & Architectural Systems. For over 50 years, our craftsmen have been consistently delivering the highest level of quality by doing what they do best – applying their skill, drive and commitment to create glass and metal products that turns heads.
As a Glass and Mirror Craft CDL Class A, B, or C Driver, you will be responsible for loading & delivering shipments to our customers based on your daily schedule of your specific routes. You will be responsible for processing shipping paperwork utilizing a computer and handheld devices. As a Class A, B, or C Driver, you will take responsibility for working with your team in meeting our customer’s expectations, acting with integrity, being safe, and driving excellence in everything we do. You will be expected to be here when we need you to be here, to work with the rest of the team, be detail oriented, and truly care about what we do and who we are. You will be a representative of Glass and Mirror Craft.
Description of the work:
- You will become familiar with various types of glass, work with the Supervisors to assemble routes, and complete their shipping manifests.
- You will examine work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to company policy along with OSHA and Department of Transportation laws.
- You will study and standardize the loading of the truck and routes to improve efficiencies.
- You will supervise and maintain effective communication and harmony amongst other drivers, customers, and Supervisors.
- You will confer and coordinate with Customer Service and Production to make sure the glass shipments are correct and will meet the customer’s quality standards.
- You will need to be able to problem solve and work independently.
- Prior work experience driving a daily route vehicle such as Route Trucks, 26-foot Box Truck, and/or Tractor Trailer Semi.
- Must process a Class A, B, or C Commercial Driver’s License and have an excellent driving record.
- Must have knowledge of identifying part numbers, part usages, and understand fees associated with the shipment of finished products.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds while loading your delivery truck.
- Ability to operator hand forklifts and forklifts to load and unload glass from delivery trucks.
- Work in a team environment – everything we do depends on everyone working together, getting along, and having patience for each other.
- High school degree or GED/Equivalent
- Be willing to learn – don’t be afraid to make mistakes as long as you do not repeat them and learn from them
- Demonstrated understanding of how to use and read a measuring tape.
- Have reliable transportation – we need you here to help us grow.
- Be willing to work overtime on a daily basis - weekends occasionally as customer demands require us.
Why Choose Glass and Mirror Craft?
Our mission at Glass and Mirror Craft is to produce and deliver the highest quality glass and metal products that keeps our customers coming back. We intend to remain the industry leader, and our customers’ satisfaction means the world to us. We do this by providing a safe working environment that attracts, develops, and encourages craftsmen/team members. We promise that will work hard with you to create an environment that makes you better occupationally, financially, emotionally, and physically. We partner with our craftsmen and work to provide a career that is free from hate, biases, prejudices, politics, and mistrust.
Additionally, we offer…
- An opportunity to work with leading edge technology
- A place to advance your career, which we strive to promote within the company
- A hard working, team-oriented environment
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Paid time off and holidays
- 401(k) options
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of our team, we would love to hear from you.