2 Position Opened
Drivers License - Class A
Drivers License - Class B
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
- Warehouse delivery drivers complete overnight deliveries of merchandise to regional stores and picks up returns and shipping containers.
- Ensure the piece count is correct for each order and matches the freight bill.
- Drivers must operate vehicles in a safe manor, obey all traffic laws, and maintain a good driving record in accordance with company policy.
- A criminal background search is mandatory for this position and must satisfy Company requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive routes and deliver freight as assigned while maintaining a high standard of delivery service.
- Load and unload truck unassisted.
- Ensure the objectives and schedules set by the delivery procedure are met.
- Ensure that all equipment and materials are maintained, including equipment and materials assigned to the vehicle and reports maintenance problems promptly.
- Maintain all log books and company records as required.
- Reconcile shipments with delivery receipts/bill of lading/container summary (depends on what computer system your location is on)
- Picks up customer returns and empty totes
- Follow all Company safety guidelines
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 0-1 years' work related driving experience
- Valid CDL Class B Driver's License
- Maintain a driving record, which meets federal, state and company standards
- Successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to handle difficult customer situations.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated consistency, accuracy and follow-through.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Presents information to small and large groups
- Visually verifies information, often in small print
- Safely operates a motor vehicle