We provide competitive pay and benefits *, as well as a transportation career that allows you to stay close at home.
Coleman Worldwide Moving has been in business since 1914 with 104+ years of experience and we invite you to come join OUR TEAM! Coleman Worldwide Moving is Allied Van Lines largest Agent and we are proud to be an Employer in the Omaha Metro area.
- Ideal Summer Job for College Students, and we offer a summer scholarship as well for those continuing in their education.
- The minimum age of 17 for employment!
- Team oriented and Independent work environment each day! No factories or work lines!
- Conditions allow for an active work atmosphere each day and to work with diversity among Team Members and Customers.
- Many of our Customers are Military Service Members that allow us opportunity to serve back to those that sacrifice for us!
- Holiday Pay after 90 days (including Seasonable Associates) for 6 of the major annual holidays per year.
Coleman Worldwide Moving Benefits (Seasonal jobs are not eligible):
- VACATION PAY after 1 year employment
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance available thru BCBS after 3 months.
- Health Savings (HSA), Flex Spending (FSA) options available for Employees.
- 401K program available for Employees.
- Life Insurance, Long and/or Short Term disability Insurance available for Employees.
College Students--We also offer a summer Intern SCHOLARSHIP Program!
- Coleman Worldwide Moving proudly supports post-secondary education in our communities and will offer the following scholarship program to qualifying summer interns to assist them with tuition in the coming year. Funding amounts are paid out directly to the Associate to assist with their various student expenses.
- $500 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the first** full summer internship.
- $750 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the second** full summer internship
- $1,000 scholarship* towards your post-secondary education for the third** or more full summer internship
- Must be summer seasonal Associate employed as Helper, Packer, Driver, Warehouseman, or other Service Center Operational, non-management position.
- Must show proof of enrollment in school for Fall 2020 classes.
- Must work full time from May thru August 31st (accommodations made for school dates).
- Supervisor acknowledgement of good work performance and attendance also required.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Drivers will primarily load and transport household/corporate goods from one location to another.
- Drivers for our Company are the face and backbone of what we do and who we are. Drivers have frequent contact with civilian, military, and corporate customers and are expected to be courteous, well groomed, and helpful.
- Transport goods using a company truck
- Lead the crew in loading shipment on to and/or off of truck
- May inspect shipment prior to loading for proper packing or wrapping
- Perform accurate inventory of shipment
- Assist as need in loading trucks and/or containers for forward movement via interstate commerce
- Perform pre-trip safety inspections on truck of moving equipment, interior and exterior of truck, straps and tensions, walk-boards, etc.
- Maintain required documentation and paperwork for shipments, expenses, driver logs, and DOT regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to operate a box truck or tractor trailer (as applicable to your CDL qualification)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to be on time and reliable; ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL Class A with at least 5,000 miles (will help train to get miles if needed).
- Real ID required in future.
- Good driving record (will be verified)
- Ability to meet background standards
Applicants must be able to access military bases
- Indoors and outdoors
- Lifting of objects up to 50 pounds
- Frequent squatting and bending
- Frequent use of stairs
Interested candidates should apply in person between the hours of 9:00 am and 5:00 pm at
4880 “F” Street, Omaha, NE 68117
. For specific questions email
or call (402) 733-2560.
Job Type: Full-timeColeman Worldwide Moving (and affiliated companies) (collectively “CWM”) is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Policy prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or other protected status. CWM will continue to support and promote equal employment opportunity, human dignity, and cultural diversity. This policy applies to all personnel matters such as compensation, benefits, transfers, Company sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs. This commitment is made by CWM in accordance with federal, state, and/or local laws and regulationsFrom transporting a single household to massive corporate and government transfers, Coleman-Allied is equipped to handle your needs. Our highly developed network includes moving company locations throughout the United States and key Allied agency affiliations in various markets throughout the world. Driven by a long-held commitment to customer service and supported by a high standard of excellence, Coleman-Allied remains focused on you and your family. As you begin this new journey, let Coleman-Allied lead the way. Together, we can take your dreams to new heights!
Take part in a company that has been successful for over 100 years and is still growing - join the Coleman Team today!