If you are driving for Huttig, you are home every night and weekends are for you and your family! One of the biggest advantages of driving for us!!!
Huttig Building Products is looking to hire full-time CDL Class A Truck Drivers in Cape Girardeau, MO. Responsibilities include safely moving tractor trailers to and from the warehouse dock to customers in a timely and professional manner with daily reports. As the first point of contact for our clients, Huttig Truck Drivers are courteous, knowledgeable, and equipped to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Operates tractor-trailer truck according to training, safety and regulatory guidelines
- Promptly unloads and delivers Huttig products to its customers
- Maintains truck log according to company, state and federal regulations
- Ensures cleanliness and routinely inspects truck equipment and supplies, such as, tires installing light bulbs, tire chains, and spark plugs
- Maintains cargo and driver safety by securing positioning blocks and ropes around cargo during transit
- Other duties as described by manager
- High school diploma or equivalent with 2 years of experience
- CDL Class A License and meet all federal and state driver's license regulations
- Safe driving record (MVR, DOT previous employment)
- Ability to pass DOT pre-employment drug screening and meet DOT medical requirements
- Good stable work record
- Current DOT physical
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondences, and memos
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k plan
- Paid Time off
Physical Requirements: Exceptional finger and manual dexterity required to successfully perform required tasks, including the ability to frequently lift up to 85 pounds and/or pushing 100 pounds, bend, crouch, stand, and sit for long durations.
Work Environment: The work environment requires the employee to work regularly near moving mechanical parts and to be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee will operate a tractor trailer with the capacity of more than 3 tons and between 24ft and 53ft long. Occasionally, the employee is exposed to harsh outside weather conditions. This position may require the employee to use safety equipment such as, protective eyewear, earplugs, gloves, safety shoes etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.