Will be required to perform pre and post inspections before and after a trip. This position requires drivers to engage in remediation and environmental clean up as needed. Drivers also follow appropriate safety procedures and maintain logs of vehicle repair status and working hours. Drivers will also pick up waste oil at customer locations such as garages, automotive dealerships, quick change oil companies, fleet maintenance facilities, bus companies, airports and rental car companies. The Oil Route Sales and Service Driver may operate a Class B Tanker Truck or Box Truck.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times
- Check the truck to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Pump out tanks and drums using hoses similar to an oil pumping truck.
- Operate heavy equipment, such as loaders, forklifts etc.
- Participate in emergency remediation and environmental clean up operations as they occur.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time by management
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations and obey all traffic laws
- Report defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the tractor and/or trailer
- Maintain customer service
- Drive the tractor and/or trailer to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations
- Up-sell products and services at customer locations and generate new leads in the field
- Obtain receipts, payment or signatures for services when required
- Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting loads
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid or performing minor repairs
- Inspect the load before and after to determine the physical condition
- Read bills of lading to determine assignment details
- Check all load-related documentation to ensure that it is complete and accurate
- Observe OSHA, state, and federal safety regulations
- Subject to random DOT drug and alcohol screens and regulations
- Maintain a valid commercial driver's license and medical cert card
Prefer candidates with heavy haul oil or gasoline experience, heavy equipment operator experience.
Education and Experience
At least 1 year of tanker driving experience required. Environmental services experience is a plus.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Abilities to read and interpret documents, able to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of personnel and employees
12th grade level or above desired.
Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Class A/B CDL required
Air Brakes, Hazmat and Tanker
The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop or walk in the performance of essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee should test in the acceptable range for vision, hearing and respiratory functions.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
- Ability to lift 20-50 pounds on a consistent daily basis
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for a minimum of 4 hours while conducting regular work duties
- Ability to respond to voice commands
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform essential job duties
The characteristics described here are representative of the typical work conditions while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee may be exposed to extreme temperatures, wet and/or humid conditions, hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals and material.
Must comply with company, federal, state and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.
Cliff Berry Inc.provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.