- Are you deliberate & methodical with your craft?
- Are you patient and customer service focused?
- Do you persevere when the job at hand is challenging?
We are hiring a full-time driver who can provide service to our customers through Class A CDL work as well as non-CDL box truck work.
- Available for possible 3-6 day schedule, can include weekend days
- Qualified and willing to operate tractor and/or box truck, as needed
- Willingness to touch freight when delivering in a box truck
- Possible 10 hour day between 04:00 – 16:00
- MUST HAVE CURRENT, VALID CDL
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate combined vehicles with Gross Vehicle Weight Ratings (GVWRs) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Pick-up loads and organize freight in an ordered, logical manner.
- Safely and efficiently handle and unload goods at selected facilities.
- Obtain signatures and/or electronic scans to confirm and complete deliveries.
- Communicate with dispatch as needed.
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches manifest materials.
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and behaving with integrity in a courteous and professional manner.
- Report issues and complaints to management staff or Customer Service for resolution where they cannot be resolved at the dock-level. Observe and report any pertinent issues at customer sites.
- May set up product and/or place product on shelves or racks at customer sites.
- Identify and recommend options for route improvements to management as appropriate.
- Participate in weekly/monthly/annual, safety and compliance training (both corporate and warehouse-specific).
- Adhere to all applicable regulatory standards (including, but not limited to OSHA, DOT, FMCSA, traffic laws).
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisors.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 2 to 3 years driving experience, preferably in route deliveries.
- Must have and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
- Must pass a background and toxicology screen.
- Must possess a valid Class A commercial license.
- Experience with routing software/fleet management and on-board fleet management systems preferred.
- Experience with on-board computers, paperless DOT logs (ELDs), and / or electronic capture applications preferred.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Able to work around moving machinery.
- Able to work in and around a commercial motor vehicle.
- Warehouse environment, exposure to dust, loud noise and outdoor temperatures.
- Tasks may involve occasional stooping, kneeling, bending; and reaching overhead; as well as the ability to frequently lift, carry, push, and pull objects/materials weighing up to 50 lbs. and occasionally greater than 50lbs.
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly.
- Extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking.
- Operation of commercial motor vehicles in accordance with the physical requirements and hour allotments issued by the FMCSA.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.