NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride in the nearly 430,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
NVR’s Darlington Manufacturing Plant in Enon Valley, PA is looking to add a member to our delivery driver team. This person will be responsible for delivering materials from the Darlington Plant to homebuilding divisions in the area. NVR-Darlington offers a fast paced work environment, a career-oriented company, excellent work-life balance, and long-term growth opportunities. A person with the right knowledge, as well as the right attitude, is of utmost importance.
- Responsible for transporting materials throughout the facility and/or off-site locations by use of trailers and box-trucks
- Ensure safe conditions of co-workers and other ground personnel.
- Ensure safe transport of materials, including securing all loads properly prior to transport.
- Responsible to unload miscellaneous materials off the truck into a designated location.
- Deliver materials on time with proper communication of delivery ETAs.
- Communicate with customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform other work functions in the plant, when not scheduled for a delivery.
- CDL License required
- Must abide by all DOT regulations
- Excellent attendance record
- Ability to work in a strong-safety focused environment
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to work as a team to achieve delivery and productivity goals
- Ability to work inside or outside
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, details available upon interview.
- Ability to perform other manufacturing job functions as required
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
- Competitive Compensation
- Home Purchase Discount
- Mortgage and Settlement Services Discounts
- Comprehensive Health, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) (Full-time employees are eligible to contribute immediately)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Vacation and Holidays
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.