MFA Oil Company is a growing, farmer-owned energy supply cooperative with a long record of success. Founded in 1929, we have grown to become one of the country’s leading propane, refined fuel and lubricant suppliers and we are looking for people with the right blend of experience and knowledge to join our team.
A driver will deliver products to established customers as determined by routes sent through the Logistics Center while operating and maintaining truck in a safe manner.
We offer competitive compensation plans, profit sharing and affordable benefit options. If you want to work for a company that invests in employee development and offers opportunities for advancement, join the MFA Oil team today!
MFA Oil Company is an Equal Opportunity/Drug-Free Employer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver refined fuel and propane products as assigned by the Logistics Center.
- Complete daily routes as generated by the Logistics Center.
- Communicate any necessary route changes and/or issues directly to Operations Manager.
- Operate vehicle safely, according to policies and guidelines set forth by law or by MFA Oil Company.
- Provide feedback to Operations Manager regarding route efficiencies and customer needs.
- Properly use handheld systems for accurate deliveries.
- Follow policy on barcode usage.
- Communicate any issues as they relate to safety or efficiencies to Operations Manager for both trucks and equipment.
- Inspect customer installations assuring safe, dependable operation report any issues to Operations Manager.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip inspections and report any truck safety issues immediately to Operations Manager
- Be knowledgeable about all products and services offered by company.
- Present a positive image of MFA Oil Company to the community.
- Support and understand company policies and procedures and be able to communicate those to customers as needed.
- Relay all customer inquiries to Operations Manager and appropriate Plant Manager.
- Responsible for identifying and informing Operations Manager of additional training needs.
- Responsible for maintaining all required certifications.
- Responsible for maintaining truck in a neat and clean condition.
- In off-season delivery times, perform service work (tank set, tank painting, plant maintenance) as directed by management.
- All other duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent.
- CDL with Tanker, Air Brake, and HAZMAT Endorsements. MFA Oil hires and employs as drivers to transport hazardous materials in interstate deliveries only those drivers who are DOT-qualified, without condition or exemption. Drivers that hold an exemption for DOT qualification will be considered for employment where it is expected that they will only make intrastate deliveries.
- Propane certified as determined by the state that is serviced.
- Must be able to safely operate an automatic and manual transmission tankwagon or bobtail.
- Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 100 pounds.
- Vision, hearing, speech and ability to detect odors are essential.
- Job requires contact with hazardous materials, driving and working in adverse weather conditions.
- Work scheduled overtime and be available for on-call rotation for emergency overtime when the need arises by responding to overtime call outs before and after standard scheduled hours of work.
- Must meet DOT and Company requirements, including successful background check, drug test and road test.
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand the English language to communicate with customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential
- Ability to work under timelines and pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Sales abilities
- Enthusiastic Personality
- Ability to follow instruction from your supervisor
- Ability to follow all safety requirements