National Pipe Hanger Corporation is a leading manufacturer of pipe hangers and pipe supports in the United States. We are now hiring CDL truck drivers at our New Jersey location.
The CDL Truck Driver is responsible for the transportation of products and materials to and from all construction sites, warehouses and office buildings. This position is responsible for fulfilling deliveries and pick-ups to customers and vendors in New Jersey, Philadelphia and Delaware.
The following list contains many of the responsibilities and duties to be performed but is not all inclusive:
- Must have a current, valid commercial driver’s license (CDL), Class B.
- Must have knowledge of how to conduct maintenance on single and multi-rear axle trucks meeting the requirements for New Jersey Commercial Driver’s Licensing (including a general knowledge of laws, regulations and operations of the stated vehicle.)
- Must currently have and maintain a clean personal driving record.
- Must currently have and maintain a current Medical Card.
- Must receive a negative drug test result before being employed with the company.
- Must receive a negative drug test result on random, unannounced testing when employed with the company.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections and properly fill out a DOT log book and fuel record.
- Be proficient in the maintenance of the assigned vehicle and perform routine fueling and servicing of the assigned vehicle.
- Maneuver and control the vehicle in a safe manner, which includes handling the vehicle on-site and in over-the-road situations, proper signaling, searching for hazards, controlling speed, lane positioning, matching speeds to road conditions (wet, dry, snow, or ice), and the ability to drive during dawn or daytime.
- Safely load and unload all products/materials over all terrains, and properly secure all loads with the use of straps.
- Comply with all federal and state DOT regulations and with all company safety and personnel policies and procedures.
- Wear appropriate safety gear and clothing including: steel toe work boots, proper safety gloves, safety glasses, pants, t-shirts and/or hoodless sweatshirts. Loose clothing and jewelry are prohibited. Hair longer than four inches (including facial hair longer than three inches) must be securely fastened or tied back.
- Be willing to travel to any and all construction sites, warehouses, office buildings, etc. without exception.
- Represent the company in a positive manner.
- May need to occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Manage and organize outbound and inbound paperwork with dispatcher and shipping manager.
- Must have reliable transportation to work and maintain a regular and reliable level of attendance.
- Must NOT conduct any personal business while on company time without prior permission.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Work Hours: This is a full-time position requiring the driver to work 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, plus overtime. The employee must arrive between 4:30 a.m. – 5:30 a.m. The driver will work eight (8) hours a day, plus overtime if necessary.
Work Location: The main reporting location for work will be at the company’s manufacturing plant located in Mount Holly, NJ.