Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77751BR Date posted 12/05/2018 City Columbus State Georgia Country US
The sky has no limits. Flight is an instrument of human progress. It not only gets people where they want to go, it carries humanity to places it never thought possible. At Pratt & Whitney, you will be part of an evolving, globally diverse company that's moving fast to craft the future of aviation. Customers all over the world depend on our technology and the people behind it. As part of our team you'll help answer today's challenges in powered flight while crafting and supporting tomorrow's solutions.
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization. If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Inclusion Powers Innovation:
We unlock our employees' full potential through a versatile and engaging culture that values everybody's opinion, driving innovation. The goal of our diversity strategy is to build a workforce and environment where every employee is valued so innovation and creativity thrive and to ensure that all employees are engaged and empowered. Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
In support of Pratt & Whitney's commercial engines aftermarket ramp-up, this is an engine overhaul center based and focused position within Global Services Engineering (GSE) based at Columbus Engine Center (CEC) in Columbus, Georgia. The focus of the repair engineering activities supporting engine overhauls will be to identify, react, and create required repair technical data to minimize engine shop visit disassembly-assembly-test (DAT) turn-around-time (TAT) and to prevent or mitigate engine work-stops.
- Respond to Customer Enquiries/Requests (EagleNet & Merlin) meeting all cost, schedule and quality metrics consistent with Engineering Standard Work (ESW) and GSE Management Process Guidelines (MPG).
- Establish repair concept, repair design and validation substantiation requirements for technical dialog or engineering authorizations relating to repairs and alterations.
- For created repair technical data, obtain internal technical approvals, FAA regulatory approval and coordination with the end user.
- Provide unserviceable material, SAVE Clinic Support.
- Liaison with CEC staff and Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) members to minimize engine shop visit DAT TAT and to prevent or mitigate engine work-stops.
- Provide ESW suggestions to continuously improve our repair development process.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and robust root cause investigations to ensure GSE and P&W continue to deliver world class customer and shareholder value.
Qualification: Required Qualifications
- BS in Engineering
- 1+ year of experience in the use of Unigraphics/NX or similar CAD application;
- 10+ years repair design and/or mechanical design experience;
- US citizenship is required due to government program requirements.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Materials Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills with the ability to develop effective working relationships
- Overhaul/repair shop experience is a plus
- Exposure to project, cost and schedule management is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing processes, such as machining, plating, plasma spray is a plus
- Possess excellent judgement and professional maturity
- Analytical skills
- Participation in process improvement efforts
- Provide creative solutions
BS in Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.