We are seeking Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) Inspector for the Transportation-Construction Management (T-CM) Practice in the Rock Hill or Columbia, SC area.
The CEI Inspector job duties include tasks related to field inspections, material sampling, quantity calculations, verify work completed conforms to plans, specifications and standards and documentation of transportation-related projects. This position requires heavy lifting, working outside in a variety of conditions regularly, and ability to perform work independently. Travel to construction sites throughout the state may be required. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, motivated, possess strong communication skills, and be a team player.
- HS diploma or equivalent and 4+ years experience
- Valid driver's license required
- Must have good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- SCDOT Inspection certifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Civil Engineering Technology from an ABET-accredited university may be substituted for experience
- EIT Certification
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.