We are seeking CEI Inspectors for our Transportation-Construction Management practice in Michigan. This position could be located in the Detroit, Farmington Hills, or Grand Rapids areas.
As a Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) Inspector, you will monitor the contractor’s on-site construction activities and inspect materials to ensure compliance with plans, specifications, and other contract documents. The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, be a team player, is enthusiastic, motivated, honest, and dependable.
Responsibilities include but are not be limited to:
- Maintain detailed records of the contractor’s daily operations including manpower, equipment, construction methods, and events that affect the work
- Monitor work zone traffic control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Monitor the erosion control plan and identify discrepancies and potential issues
- Perform sampling and testing of component materials and completed work
- Verify the dimensions of prepared and completed work
- Inspect the construction work and conduct field tests
- Track/measure completed work quantities for payment
- Perform survey checks
- HS Diploma or equivalent
- 4+ years construction experience with 2+ years in roadway/bridge inspection or a civil engineering degree and 1 year of road and bridge construction engineering and inspection experience
- Ability to read and interpret construction plans and specifications
- Must have a Valid Driver's License with a good driving record
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate qualifications tests for the position in specified time frames
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently and for prolonged periods, under various outside conditions
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for required tasks
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and shake up to 20 pounds
** Please submit a project list that includes your role on the project as well as the construction value along with your resume.**
Preferred Current Certifications / Credentials:
- OSHA 10 Hour
- MDOT Certifications
- ACI/MCA Concrete Field Testing Level 1
- Storm Water Management – Construction Site
- Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control – Plan Review and Design
- Bridge Deck Construction Inspection & Bridge Rehabilitation Inspection
- Bridge Paint School
- HMA Paving Operations
- Density Technology
- Aggregate Technician
- Computerized Office Technician
- FieldManager Training
- Prevailing Wage Training
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing construction management services as one of our primary business practices since 1984. RS&H’s Transportation-Construction Management Practice serves numerous state departments of transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments, and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full range of construction engineering, program management, specialized testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of transportation.
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation’s top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.