As part of CEMEX's Talent Development Program, under the direction of Plant Manager, a Cement Talent Development Professional will complete approximately 12-15 months of training and development, including 24 weeks of technical classroom training and real-time cement operations exposure within our cement plant(s).
This will be a rotational program with assignments at different sites within CEMEX's US Cement Operations and will include various hands-on training projects, simulations, and other experiential learning opportunities. Participants will also be introduced to the relationships between cement and CEMEX's other business lines, including ready-mix concrete and aggregates, as well as various critical support roles within the organization. Program graduates will then transition into a Plant Engineer role aligned with their interest and expertise at one of CEMEX's cement plants.
- Acquire specific knowledge of cement manufacturing
- Enhance leadership capabilities
- Acquire a sense of global business
- Learn by working in specific job positions (hands-on experience)
- Obtain a network of contacts and resources
- Present continuous improvement ideas
- Develop technical and managerial skills
- Adhere to all CEMEX, OSHA, and MSHA rules and regulations at all times
- Wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds
- Meet or exceed company safety standards, be an advocate for safety
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management
- Bachelor's Degree with a GPA of 2.75 or higher in:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- 3 years maximum work experience after graduation
- Prior industrial experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and initiative
- Demonstrated capability of conducting hands-on field work in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team oriented
- Capability to work extended hours as necessary
- Ability to work with standard office/computer equipment
- Ability to participate in required overnight travel as necessary
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Must be willing to relocate domestically
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, información genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio