At NorthStar Memorial Group, we choose collaboration over bureaucracy. Here, everyone has a chance to lead. We encourage & empower our people at every level to speak up, be heard, and watch their ideas become realities. Degreed & non-degreed professionals, labor workers, industry experts – people from all career and experiential backgrounds have the opportunity to find a home here.
We are seeking a Cemetery Caretaker for Skylawn Memorial Park in San Mateo, CA. This position is responsible for the overall appearance of cemetery, mausoleum and funeral home locations during a seasonal period. The successful candidate will have a strong work ethic and previous experience in a general labor or grounds keeping type position.
- Cut grass, maintain lawn, trim around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lay sod, move and remove flowers to and from chapel and graveside
- Clear debris and maintain drives and walkways in safe condition
- Install vault face and prepare grave sites for interments
- Assemble tents/canopies and arrange chairs for graveside ceremony
- Prepare crypts for entombment
- Install grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintain and repair existing markers and other cemetery features
- Locate grave sites and dig graves using backhoe without damaging surrounding vaults, markers and monuments
- Maintain overall appearance and cleanliness of funeral homes and/or mausoleum facilities
- Clean and maintain facility, perform minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Assist with loading and unloading caskets
- Assist with setting up chapel for services
- Help with preparation and setup for opening and closing interments, entombments and inurnments
- Permit to operate equipment used at the facility as per local regulations
- 6+ months of general labor or grounds keeping experience
- Valid driver's license
Want to stay informed about new job opportunities at NorthStar? Join our Talent Network & receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.