ImmunoTek Bio Centersis currently looking for a Center Directorfor our Winter Haven location!
ImmunoTek is seeking professionals with a passion for saving lives and professional development. ImmunoTek is not just a place to get a job; it's a place to forge a career. We are governed by a set of core principles that guide us through all facets of our business. These principles set the tone for the method in which we hire, train, develop and collaborate with our most important asset...our people.
People are the most important part of our company. We are passionate about three groups of people:
1. We value the amazing employees 'ImmunoTek Associates' who have made the decision to join our ImmunoTek family. Each Associate plays an important role in making the workplace thriving and enjoyable.
2. We are extremely grateful for the plasma donors who have decided to make ImmunoTek a part of their lives, visiting us weekly and becoming part of our business family.
3. We are dedicated to supplying the highest quality plasma used in medications for patients all over the world.
POSITION PURPOSE: Under the supervision of the Regional Director and/or VP Operations and Training responsible for the daily operations of the Donor Center, ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and regulations and overall performance and profitability of the Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Create appropriate organizational environment and value system, which stimulates the morale and productivity of the work force and its leadership.
- Provide strategic direction, planning and customer focus.
- Establish and maintain the ability to perform any/all tasks within the plasma center; fulfill role of production employee when the need arises.
- Monitor and evaluate operations.
- Ensure collected products and samples are stored and maintained in accordance with established regulations, customer requirements and SOP's.
- Maintain and monitor freezer performance including after hours on call responsibilities and vendor relationships needed for emergency freezer repair services and product temperature maintenance e.g. dry ice supplier.
- Assist in budget preparation and then manage facility against the agreed-upon budget.
- Organize, develop, and utilize management team. Develop a "partnership" with the Quality Supervisor(s) to promote productive interactions between Operations and Quality personnel.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with State and Federal regulations, European regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP.
- Supervise donor selection, plasma collection and all manufacturing records to maintain the highest production standards in accordance with Federal and State regulations, European regulations, FDA approved Standard Operating Procedure manual, OSHA, CLIA, and cGMP, through systems in place and via QA/Training Programs.
- Responsible for all personnel functions including hiring, development and training, disciplinary actions and termination, and maintenance of all personnel records.
- Maintain adequate inventory of all goods and supplies necessary for center operation to include order goods as needed.
- Assure facility is maintained in a neat and clean condition and all equipment is kept in good working order.
- Submit timely and accurate reports as necessary, including payroll and accounts payable management.
- Develop an effective donor recruitment advertising campaign to improve production levels.
- Control facility donor funds.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of any irregularities within the center and provide constructive information about process improvements.
- Minimize center liability through constant risk management review.
- Signed Statement of Responsibility and Curriculum Vitae on file at the center and authorized official's office.
- Ensure all collected products are test tested prior to release, product recalls and corresponding documents are completed on time and ensure shipments of collected plasma occur timely and in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record.
- May be required to work weekends, evenings, unusual hours during the night and some holidays.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned, including but not limited to, cleaning of all areas of the center, receiving and shipping of products and materials,
- May be assigned to train or work with new employees.
- May be assigned to assist in other areas as needed.
- Maintains open to close operational coverage and control over daily manufacturing activities.
Directly and indirectly supervises all Donor Center employees.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred. Three (3) years experience in plasma center, including six months experience as Assistant Manager, or equivalent of Associate degree in Science or Management, with 6 months supervisory experience.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS: Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required. Must have legible handwriting. Must be able to use PC.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure and technical manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to mitigate differences between staff and bring effective conclusions to disputes among staff, donors and visitors. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk, climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Ability to travel via automobile and/or airplane. Able to stand for extended periods of time - up to four (4) hours at a time. Capable of viewing a video display terminal less than 18" away from face - up to four (4) hours at a time. Must be able to lift, tug, pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. May be exposed to moderate periods of time to freezing temperatures. Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens