Under the supervision of the Family Residency Director, the Centering Pregnancy Coordinator will support and manage all the administrative and logistical aspects of promoting, recruiting, scheduling, and evaluating the Centering Pregnancy program. The Centering Coordinator will support Centering providers, prepare for and implement the Centering Pregnancy program visits, and serve as the point of contact for patients who are referred, recruited and enrolled in the program.
· Coordinate Steering Committee logistics, tracking of progress, communication and task management
· Serve as a point of contact for DC Health and CenteringPregnancy communication
· Coordinate the marketing strategies for group recruitment
· Determine process for scheduling and billing for group session and clearly communicate with appropriate support staff
· Responsible and accountable for Centering data collection through the CenteringCounts system
· Responsible to submit reports to DC Health upon request
· Assist with Centering panel management including assigning patients for group appointments appropriate to their gestational age and language capabilities, determines group continuation outcome per protocol
· Plan group activities with facilitators, maintain inventory and stocking of medical and office supplies, Centering materials, patient folders, educational handouts, snacks and other items as needed for each session.
· Communicates effectively with others. Utilizes a care team approach to accomplish goals. Responsible for post group debriefing to occur before end of group day.
Other potential duties:
· Responsible for teaching/mentoring and modeling the Centering in Pregnancy philosophy with new co-facilitators and facilitators.
· Acting as co-facilitator for each session.
· Assisting, as needed, with self-assessment activities in Centering sessions including blood pressure rechecks, coordination of appropriate lab collection, answering questions, providing individual counseling and referrals. Maintains medical record information system of all patients in Centering Program, with data collection criteria necessary for audits and monitoring of patients.
· Operates and uses medical equipment including BP Cuff, scales, prenatal wheels and calendars, computer electronic medical record.
· Performs adult and childhood immunizations, skin tests, and phlebotomy as needed for prenatal clients same day or as scheduled.
· Provides patient/family instruction in preventive health activities and interventions according to protocol, as needed under the direction of the RN or medical provider.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Two to three years of experience working with patients in a clinical or customer service-oriented environment
· Able to organize and manage multiple tasks.
· Understands importance of data collection and management and is able to effectively collect and submit data as needed.
· Able to work with multiple departments to set-up, implement, manage and maintain Center Pregnancy Program(s) at multiple Unity sites.
· Effective communication skills.
This position reports directly to the Family Residency Director