The Central Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for TDS’s strategic and tactical marketing initiatives in acquiring profitable customers. The Central Marketing Manager manages all consumer and commercial marketing efforts and is responsible for generating demand to achieve gross add and revenue targets. They will analyze customer insights, consumer trends, market analysis and marketing best practices to build successful strategies.
This position develops, implements, and manages marketing campaigns using traditional and non-traditional marketing tactics. This includes developing marketing plans, testing strategies and providing creative direction. They are responsible for expense budget management and allocation to maximize revenue growth. This role will design and implement lead nurturing programs and lead scoring. They must be familiar with commercial sales force automation tools and how marketing can impact lead life cycle management to increase propensity or speed of sales cycles to drive revenue goals.
This role will work with Commercial Sales to determine where sales incentive programs are needed to support marketing campaigns. They will determine the program goals and budget, create the plan and analyze the program’s success.
The Central Marketing Manager will be responsible for tactic and campaign analysis to understand and evaluate tactic effectiveness and understand overall campaign effectiveness to drive changes where necessary. This includes continual research and testing of new/alternative ways to reach consumers/businesses.
Responsibility for marketing strategy, campaign management, and analysis means the Central Marketing Manager must gain a thorough understanding of market area including customer base demographics and segmentation, revenue opportunities and risks, product availability, and competitive threats.
Build marketing campaigns to support specific marketing objectives across different channels and segments in support of over strategic marketing plan:
- Determine tactical plan
- Identify target audiences and media markets
- Allocate campaign/tactic budgets
- Determine if sales incentive programs are needed. Design and implement program
- Establish timelines
Manage customer acquisition, retention and growth marketing strategies to achieve gross add and revenue targets. Analyze trends, use marketing best practices, interact and collaborate with marketing and sales leadership to create and implement formal marketing plans to ensure profitability of all products, which include bundles, high speed internet, TV, Voice services and new product and service launches.
Lead the execution of marketing campaigns from start to finish, driving collaboration with stakeholders. Partner with creative teams, product management and/or external agencies and vendors.
Analyze campaign results to understand overall effectiveness. Develop testing plan for marketing tactics, optimize and drive changes based on results, and continually research and identify new tactics.
Allocate annual marketing budget and monitor closely to allocate funds and adjust appropriately to meet budget goals.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) -OR- 4+ years of professional work experience.
- 4+ years marketing, advertising, or product management experience.
- 2+ years of experience with competitive marketing and branding strategy, working with in-house creative teams and/or managing external agencies.
- 2+ years of experience with multi-channel marketing campaigns and tactics.
- Telecommunications or Cable experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Marketing or Business Administration preferred.
- Broad working knowledge of pricing and/or promotional analysis and statistical reporting.
- Ability to analyze sales and marketing initiatives for success, profitability, retention, and customer satisfaction.
- Well-developed conceptual thinking skills including good intuition and the ability to make educated decisions based on customer needs.
Successful experience in project management, product management, and/or process administration.
- Knowledge/background in the television, voice and data communications industry, its technology and applications, and customer base preferred, with capacity to learn quickly.
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound telephone sales.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience using PC applications, including Excel, Word, Email, PowerPoint, Internet, and database software.