USE Credit Union
Job ID 2018-1187
Job Locations US-CA-San Diego
Category Central Operations
Type Regular Full-Time
More information about this job
Do you have an eye for detail? Great at working effectively across multiple business units? USE's Central Operations Department is the perfect place for you! As a Central Operations Specialist III, you'll have the chance to process deposit accounts, conduct research for problem resolution and assist with the implementation of new deposit products and services. Become part of a team that is key in providing support to all areas of the organization. Do you have what it takes?
- Adheres to and maintains operations procedures, ensuring compliance with approved credit union policies and procedures and governing federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development and training of process improvement for department related duties. Research and creates efficiency gains within the department.
- Document new and revised procedures for policy & procedure development, utilizing regulatory resources and ensuring approval from related departments such as Compliance and Risk.
- At the direction of the VP, Ops and Payments and/or the Director of Central Ops may coordinate ATM installations, removals and related projects. Will participate in assigned department and/or corporate projects, build and maintain partnerships with third party vendors, and attend offsite visits to branch locations, SEG locations and vendor locations.
- Processes, completes and/or reviews all deposit account transactions and file maintenance. For Individual Retirement Accounts (IRA), this includes monetary transactions, forms and distributions. Coordinates and approves IRA tax reporting; responds to staff questions related to IRA account matters; and assists in developing staff training related to IRA accounts. Supports branches with questions related to deposit products and services, including decedent, trust and foreign accounts.
- Closes inactive and charged-off accounts according to established policies and procedures.
- Processes and/or provides back up to the bank by mail and employee drop box items. Process returned items and CO-OP adjustments. Processes foreign and collection items through the Federal Reserve. Processes account levies. Reviews and/or works file maintain exception reports for Certificates of Deposit.
- Processes and/or provides back up to ACH daily settlement, ACH returns, Same Day ACH, ACH exceptions, returns, decedent account reviews, reclamations and ACH origination.
- Processes and/or provides backup to Remote Deposit Capture and AFS and EWS review.
- Processes and/or provides back up to the daily ATM settlement. Balances and adjusts ATM General Ledgers. Sends, receives and processes ATM adjustments.
- Processes and/or provides backup to Share Draft and Payroll Deduction processing.
- Works with staff and members with stale dated cashier's checks, coordinates written member communication as necessary; identifies funds for escheat, escheat funds to the state, files annual escheat reports within published timeframes, and researches and resolves issues related to escheat.
- Conducts W8-BEN maintenance in compliance with IRS rules and credit union policy and procedures, completes back up withholding forms, monitors TINs in compliance with IRS rules and credit union policies and procedures, verifies and files annual 1099/TIN reports/files, and resolves issues related to TINs, W8-BENand back-up withholding.
- Completes assigned subsidiary account (GL) reconciliations within assigned timeframes, ensuring reconciling items are researched and cleared within 60-days.
- Provides customer service and operational quality in support of established credit union standards (i.e., quality service basics, 7 Habits, etc.).
- Completes annual compliance training, and complies with business continuity and vendor management policy. These are crucial to the success of the organization and have regulatory compliance and/or safety and soundness for the sustainability of the credit union.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a four-year college or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel Access and Outlook
- The ability to read and interpret credit union policies and procedures and governing federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- The ability to write procedures, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to clearly and concisely verbally communicate with co-workers, members and external vendors.
- Must be able to speak and express thoughts / ideas verbally and in writing, especially in front of group settings.
University and State Employees Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.