Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining a world-class team of over 37,500 employees and caregivers while embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To find out more about us, head to our career sitehere.
Wonder what this is all about? Watch this video!
This position ensures that all surgical supplies, instruments, and equipment are properly inventoried, decontaminated, assembled, inspected, packaged, sterilized, stored, distributed and tracked in a quality and timely manner throughout the hospital.
Essential Job Duties
- Disassembles, cleans, decontaminates, and disinfects surgical instruments.
- Assembles, protects, wraps, contains, peel packs, and labels surgical instruments.
- Sterilizes instruments and equipment.
- Pulls case carts.
- Cleans, troubleshoots, and correctly uses CP equipment.
- Performs and records all biological and chemical sterilization tests.
- Issues and receives durable, moveable clinical equipment.
- Issues sterile supplies to using areas.
- Performs inventory duties as required.
- Verifies that all sterilization processes have been completed and met parameters before making equipment available for use.
- Entry Rate: $14.09
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time;Monday - Friday 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.;Some holidays, weekends and call shifts will be required.
- Department: Central Processing, Intermountain Medical Center, Murray UT
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, sterile indicator tags, colors, operate equipment, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with care providers that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting, accessing needed information, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer equipment. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, reach and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting, obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc.).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position with person protective equipment for an extended period of time.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Activation Date: Monday, August 19, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, August 27, 2019