Central Service Technician, Distribution
Job Number: 244468
Job Category: Sterile Processing Techs (Central Services Techs)
Providence is calling a Part time, Day shift Central Service Technician, Distribution to Providence St Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Central Service Technician Distribution who will receive and process incoming supplies and equipment, perform cleaning and sterilizing duties, prepare packs of supplies and instruments in central supply/services as directed.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit and hospital policies, procedures and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control policies
- Decontaminate instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures
- Distribute supplies and equipment to the units in a timely fashion
- Maintain an adequate supply of packs and supplies to meet area needs including inventory control, proper labeling, inspection of linen and labeling of packages
- Maintain the cleanliness of work areas as required
- Store, stock, and distribute IV solutions for all nursing stations, ancillary departments and crash carts
- Participate in educational programs and in service meetings
- Attend meetings as required
- Answer telephones and takes written message
- Operate hand-held computer and operate hospital computer and input data
- Operate electric cart
- Operate pallet jack
- Input supplies into computer system
- Restock specialty carts
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year work experience
- Good communication skills
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 414 bed acute care facility, known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, has provided the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities for close to 70 years. Many of our specialized services are provided within our Heart and Vascular Institute, one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers of heart attack victims; our Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, awarded the Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for a Primary Stroke Center, and the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association (2010); our Women's Pavilion, and our newly opened the Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building. Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center has an exceptional orthopedic program recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. And Providence Saint Joseph's Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery, and Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from HealthGrades.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details —http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits
Our Mission As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
About Us Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago.Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression,sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.