Providence is calling a Central Service Technician II - Sterile Processing (Full time/Night Shift) to our Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Central Service Technician II - Sterile Processing responsible for the cleaning, assembling, sorting and inspection of all instruments and specialty equipment.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Implement and maintain established department, unit and hospital policies, procedures and objectives as well as improving organization performance program, patient/customer safety, environmental, and infection control policies
- Decontaminate instruments, supplies and equipment according to established policies and procedures
- Clean, assemble, wrap, sterilize and store supplies and instrument trays
- Perform biological and chemical monitoring in accordance with quality assurance standards
- Sterilize instruments, equipment and supplies as required; handles and stores instruments, equipment and supplies appropriately
- Maintain the cleanliness of work areas as required
- Participate in educational programs and in-service meetings
- Attend meetings as required
- Oversee the work of other personnel by training, allocating and monitoring work
- Perform work of a similar nature
- Answer telephones and takes written messages
- Operate all instrument management computer system