Work for One of the World’s Best Hospitals!
In 2019, Newsweek named Charlton Memorial, St. Luke’s, and Tobey among the Best Hospitals in the World. Why? Because we have some of the most talented people in the world.
We are searching for a Certified Central Sterile Service Technician to perform duties to support and in support of the Central Processing Department. Decontaminate surgical instruments and endoscopes. Prepare, sterilize and package surgical instruments. Assemble case carts for surgical procedures. Decontaminate equipment as assigned and distribute medical and surgical supplies. Maintain proper documentation and perform other duties as assigned within the scope of position.
Hours: 40hrs (full time)
Shift: Day Shift 8:00am-4:30pm w/weekend & holiday rotations
Travel: Rotation for coverage at the Southcoast Surgery Center in 300D Faunce Corner Rd North Dartmouth, MA
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- A Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification is required within 1 year of acceptance of position.
- A working knowledge of sterilization procedures, equipment management and case cart assembly is preferred.
- Computer experience required, MSM is preferred.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high degree of accuracy is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, record keeping and documentation skills are required.
Southcoast Health is a community based health delivery system with multiple access points, offering an integrated continuum of health services throughout Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. For more than 100 years, we have provided quality, patient-focused care in a state-of-the-art environment. By uniting a single purpose and building an integrated system of services and resources, we have become one of the largest and fastest-growing health systems in Massachusetts.
Together We Are More.
- 311 years of hospitals’ collective continuous 920 + square miles of service across Southeastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- 7,500 + employees: physicians, nurses, IT, Finance, HR, and more
- Named to Newsweek’s World’s Best Hospitals 2019 and Best Place to Work by the readers of SouthCoastToday
We are committed to providing our employees in Massachusetts and Rhode Island with optimal benefits that promote a healthy work/life balance and add value to our employees’ lives.
- Generous Earned Time Off Package**
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance*
- Tuition Assistance**
- Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance*
- Life & AD&D insurance*
- Flexible Spending Accounts*
- 403B Retirement Plan with match
- HealthQuest Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Career Development Opportunities
*Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 24 hours.
**Available to regular status employees who are scheduled to work a minimum of 20 hours.
Are you ready to make a difference in your community? Join us as we strive to be More than medicine.