Central Sterile Technician
Medical City Lewisville
Full Time Days (Rotating Weekends)
Responsible for the processing of instruments used in the Operating Room and also those instruments used by other nursing and ancillary departments of the hospital. The position requires flexibility in working hours. Sterile Processing is a fast paced environment with many distractions and requires flexibility in setting job priorities according to customer as well as departmental needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in prioritizing processing of instrument trays for daily OR schedule.
• Processing of instruments from receiving to sterilization.
• Return processed instruments to individual departments.
• Replace missing/damaged instruments, as needed, individual as well as in instrument sets/trays.
• Communicate when instruments are out for repair and/or returned.
• Receive instrument/sterilizing supply deliveries from Materials Management.
• Verifies returned implant count corresponds with implants used.
• Responsible for keeping instrument processing and storage areas clean and orderly.
• Biological testing of sterilizing units performed and recorded.
• Cleans sterilizing equipment and record data.
• Cleans and performs biological testing of Steris units.
• Cleans and performs biological testing for Sterrad unit.
• Empty and clean ultrasound machine daily.
• Cleans and refills OB and Nursery containers daily.
• Assists in creating/up-dating computerized instrument count sheets.
• Knowledgeable of JCAHO requirements for sterilization processes.
• Assist as trained/requested in supply ordering, restocking, pulling cases, etc.
• Receives and inventories instruments loaned or borrowed.
• This position may be involved in the responsibility for performing high-level disinfection and/or sterilization.